6 replies to this topic

#1 gluping

gluping

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

I've searched several forums, but I've found no solution, please help me smile.gif

I have a Xecuter 2.2 Lite modchip in my v1.5 Xbox, and I was going to install a new hdd. I had the X2 4981.06 installed. I decided to flash with a bios that supported the G partition. I insterted the new hdd, booted with SlaYer's EvoX Auto-Installer v2.5 and went to 7-8 - Flash 256K MOD or v1.2-1.5 TSOP w/X2-4977 +137 G: (I flashed to Bank 1) The flash went well with no error messages and turned off. But when I turned it on again the Xbox turn off/on off/on and the red light kept blinking with no picture. It does the same if I try to boot from bank 2. If I turn the mod-chip off I get an error screen (even with my old hdd).

What can I do to recover? Many thanks in advance!

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 12 May 2004 - 08:41 PM

This is called "fragging". It means your Xbox can't find a BIOS. One of two things is happening:

1.) Your BIOS is not properly flashed (sounds likely in this case).

2.) Your chip is not making proper contact. This means that you should realign the chip (if it is solderless) or go over your solder points to make sure there are no cold solder joints. The most likely problem is the d0 point but it could be another point as well.

Good luck!

Edited by chefelf, 12 May 2004 - 08:42 PM.

#3 gluping

gluping

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:14 AM

Oops... I read that the 4977 Bios isn't compatible with Xecuter 2.2 Lite, is this correct uhh.gif

Any suggestions on how I'm going to reflash? Softmod, programmer?

#4 aweelz

aweelz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:59 AM

You could get your xbox working again by using 007 with a hacked evox gamesave.

Just have the flash bios item enabled in the evox.ini and place your bios.bin in a folder called bios in the same directory as evox.

I think i just made that sound confussing. Don't try this until afew other people say its correct or wrong, because this is just going by memory on something i have never done before.

If you have access to a programmer i think it would be quicker using that instead.

Aweelz

#5 gluping

gluping

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:22 AM

Yeah, I had to reflash with a programmer to get out of this one...

But what is the recommended flashing method for X 2.2 Lite? I don't seem to find any good tuts out there, some says this and another says that. If someone could post an url to a good site, that would be just great smile.gif

#6 OpusDei

OpusDei

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:09 PM

if you can boot unsigned code then you can flash with evox or with Xecuter's FlashX

if not then use an Xecuter programmer and X2 BM v2.1

hope this helps

#7 OpusDei

OpusDei

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 03:47 PM

double post - sorry

Edited by OpusDei, 14 May 2004 - 03:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users