• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jbp20717

jbp20717

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Dreamcast, Mario Kart 64, Newcastle United, Monty Python, genocide, necrophilia and more!
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:12 AM

I've got a new hard drive and have formatted it and installed EvolutionX using Slayer's 2.5, I also flashed the chip using the EvoX 7 bios on the disk. Now I want to be able to use the MS dashboard so that I may be able to play XBL games in the future - how can I install it on my hard drive without losing the stuff saved on the hard drive?

P.S. I have the original hard drive backed up onto my PC.

#2 nodo

nodo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:40 AM

I thought the slayers disc loaded the ms dash. Have you tried to disable the chip and see if the MS Dash boots?

#3 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:10 AM

Well I'm not sure but if can ftp to your new hd, have a look if the"xboxdash.xbe" is in your "C:\" in the xbox. (I think with the M7 bios the boot sequence starts "evoxdash.xbe" first) Okay now if you don't have the "xboxdash.xbe" in "C:\" just ftp it back from your PC back to your xbox. Depending on how you want your xbox to start is up to you. But it sounds like you can turn your chip on/off. If the "xboxdash.xbe" is in your "C:\" then your xbox should start with the original dashboard when the chip is switched "off". And start with Evox dashboard when the chip is switched on "ON".

#4 jbp20717

jbp20717

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Dreamcast, Mario Kart 64, Newcastle United, Monty Python, genocide, necrophilia and more!
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE (nodo @ May 13 2004, 09:40 AM)
I thought the slayers disc loaded the ms dash. Have you tried to disable the chip and see if the MS Dash boots?

Yeah, but I just formatted the drive and only installed the EvoX dashboard so that I could install newer versions of programs like DVD2XBOX

#5 Xtrem

Xtrem

The Next Level

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,670 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:58 AM

Did You by any Chance Backup Your C: And E: Just Ftp Them To Your New Hdd.

#6 stacker69

stacker69

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:04 AM

Like I said since you have the "C:\" and "E:\" in your PC, just put them back in your xbox hd. I have the evox dash and UnleashX dash and the xboxdash.xbe all in C:\. Depending on your bios is how your xbox boots up. So just put all the contents of the "C:\" (which is around 1,870 Kbs) and put them back where they use to be and same with the "E:\" drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users