• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rfxlc

rfxlc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 08:39 PM

Alright, I've got a Xecuter 2.3b Lite + installed on my xbox. The last time I had my xbox on was about two or three days ago. Enerything was working beautifully and I was ftping files to and from without a problem. I turned on my xbox today to back up my saved games files and instead of getting the Evoloution X dashboard I got the M$ dash. I opened the box, made sure all of my connections on my mod chip were good and when they were I booted the xbox with the mod chip on and got FRAG. I turn the mod chip off and the M$ dash loads fine. I thought maybe I had scratched on of the leads on the mobo but I removed the chip all together and the xbox loaded up fine. What is going on here??

#2 nfs924

nfs924

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts
  • Interests:Xbox
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:34 PM

the cable on the switch that goes to the xbox may have become loose, this happened to me. While booting with the mod enabled, make sure that you hold in the switch cable while botting. Make sure you press firmly on it the whole time while booting.

#3 rfxlc

rfxlc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 01:58 AM

Thanks for the idea. I gave it a try but no luck. It powers off and on three times before fragging. I'm at a loss here. What would cause it to just stop working? More importantly how do I fix it?!?

#4 mr haze

mr haze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:18 PM

This sounds like the problem i had with my d0(top one) or i guess i thought it was...but anyway try the d0 point on the bottom of the MB. my box was doing the same powering on and off three times then a black screen. until i used the bottom d0 ..never happenend again...whats even worse is that i was unable to find a solid answer to why would it shut off and on three times???

#5 mr haze

mr haze

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:19 PM

This sounds like the problem i had with my d0(top one) or i guess i thought it was...but anyway try the d0 point on the bottom of the MB. my box was doing the same powering on and off three times then a black screen. until i used the bottom d0 ..never happenend again...whats even worse is that i was unable to find a solid answer to why would it shut off and on three times???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users