#301 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:39 PM

rotfl.gif Funny shit from those other deck people...

Quote #1 from XDECK..
We kindly ask that you click on any of the Ads By Google links. That will generate a profit for the XDECK and that will speed up the development, creation, and selling process. That means you get an XDECK faster, by clicking your mouse. Want it to get there even faster? Click on a few ads. Come back tomorrow, click some more. Come back the next day, click a few more. Then continue that for a while, and we can pretty much assure you that you will have an XDECK in front of you in no time.

We realize the homepage has been bombarded by ads, but we want people to advertise on our site so that we can get some money and collect some money to make the XDECK, and are able to get it to you too!

Quote #2 from XDECK..

All we are asking is for at least one click. If you can do more, then please do. The more you click, the faster it gets to you. You win iin this situation.

The cost to you: a mouse click! What could be simpler?

These clowns can't keep their shit striaght.. in #2... All they ask is one click? you don't need BIG BLUE to do the math.. they asked for people to cleak all their ads.. at least 3 times in #1.. and maybe.. just maybe.. they will produce something for all your clicking.

#302 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:41 PM

rotfl.gif LMAO ROFL

#303 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:42 PM

The thing with laptop harddrives is you're going to get less than half the space for more than twice the price. For the little bit of increased space you're going to get, I don't think it's worth it. For an xbox it'd be cool, but I think the majority of people here want the space, considering so many want multiple hard drives. Just to get the capacity of one large 3.5" drive you'd have to have several 2.5" ones and end up paying much much more.

#304 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 11:43 PM

laptop hardrives are to expensive and not worth getting when you can get a 250 gig hd for $125

#305 Palmore

Palmore

ProjectDeck.Xbox-Scene.Com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

I'd like to keep the initial case and design as modular and configurable as possible, maybe a laptop drive bay could be added to the options, 2 standerd HDDs or 4 Laptop HDDs wink.gif that seems overkill lol, but some other form of possible intergration might work out, of course our main focus will be around the 3.5inch drive that a huge majority of the ppl will be using it seems.

#306 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:10 AM

ya definelty stick with the bigger drives not many people use laptop ones

#307 Palmore

Palmore

ProjectDeck.Xbox-Scene.Com

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:18 AM

I just wanted to state we've picked up a CAD designer, still any extra help will be appreciated. After reviewing I would like to welcome

Free_frag to the team as our drafting monkey wink.gif beerchug.gif

#308 h1tman911

h1tman911

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:32 AM

Hi Guys,

I am a part time modder here in the UK, I love all the ideas kicking about. I think one on the hd's should be in a removable caddy like the Vantec EZ I know you have all probably seen it before but I think with it being black and the digital display it could make the front look great and it would also eliminate the pain of having to keep opening the box to change a drive. I would love to see a dvd burner but I think it would cause a lot of problems so maybe not worth it ??

keep up the good work

http://www.overclock...d=16543&cat=328

beerchug.gif

#309 Softco Industries

Softco Industries

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 459 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (Palmore @ May 22 2004, 03:18 AM)
our drafting monkey wink.gif  beerchug.gif

Drafting monkey eh...

user posted image

laugh.gif

#310 Zer04evr

Zer04evr

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 644 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:48 AM

ok all i can say is wow good job guys much more than what came out of those douches before you guys ok back on track.

sorry if this has been answered/asked/etc but will this XS Case be a complete case or just a raised cover top thing. just was wondering and man from what ive seen i cant wait till this is ready its like a rebirth for the scene hehe

ok so yeah in closing good luck and when you sell em we will buy em

long live the scene
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

#311 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 02:08 AM

I think it's pretty safe to say that it will become a full case replacement. It gives us more control and options on placement, etc.

#312 icantstandtoburntolong

icantstandtoburntolong

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2004 - 10:45 AM

have an idea for how to make the DVD IR dongle internal:

On the board that controls all of the cases other features(fans, LEDS, hard drive switch, ect), have a female socket that the 3rd and 4th contoller ports plug fits into(not sure if these plugs are standard or not) that would split the 4th port to an adaptor that fits into the dongle's plug that connects with the contacts (similar to the poor mans usb adapter on llama.com) or if not possible to construct then go with a standard female xbox controller plug (this would take up more space) Then it would re-route to a wire lead that connects it all back to the motherboard

Then all the end user would have to do is plug the dongle and the conroller ports into the board and the board to the motherboard and mount the dongle to the back of the faceplate with whatever method they choose (glue, epoxy, velcro, duct tape, gum) This would save the trouble of getting that damn dongle open and soldering wires. and if possible the control board could switch between controller and dongle on the 4th port automatically or aleast have a switch(ahhh another switch)

I hope it is clear what I am saying, I think this is a good way to have simple internal IR capabilities. The only reason I could see this not working is cost or if those plugs are custom and cant be bought. But it could at least be a addon feature

#313 A@ron

A@ron

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:20 AM

As far as I know twisted plans to totally incorporate the dongle switching. I even have the digi-key part numbers for the male and female headers for the controller ports. I'd like to see a portion of the front panel made from that black plastic they have on remotes. It would look black, and you could mount the XIR/DVD dongle hardware internally without drilling a hole.

A@ron

#314 TeonHarasymiv

TeonHarasymiv

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 11:36 AM

That stuff also serves a very important role - if filters out all other wavelengths of light, so that sunlight etc doesnt saturate the detector (doesnt matter if you are not opening the dongle, as it has it already, but if you open the dongle, you need to keep that filter.

#315 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:39 PM

dont you guys worry about dongle stuff wink.gif I'm all over that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users