t3chnomancer that would kick ass

#452 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:30 AM

that would be cool beerchug.gif . but lets get back to ProjectDeck talk since this is what thread we are in lol

#453 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:31 AM

whoops double post... hate when this happens click it once and poof 2 appear

Edited by ~CaneZ~, 29 May 2004 - 02:37 AM.

#454 Ice9 Tech

Ice9 Tech

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox Modding, Xbox Hacking, Xbox Buying, Swearing, Paintballing, Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:32 AM

That would be hard. The laptop would be like 10 inches thick tongue.gif
You'd have to also fit the Xbox to VGA system in there, and put LCD screens in there. Not to cast a dark light on your idea, it's kick ass. I'm just sayin, it'd be REALLY hard and REALLY expensive to do.

#455 drleephd

drleephd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:58 AM

just another update on where my render is at...
note the dimensions. only 2.75in tall!

user posted image

user posted image

still missing controller ports, power/eject button and fan(s).

I'm thinking about vents in the front and flow-through cooling. 2 60mm fans should be more than enough. all the drives screw into the outer case (which would hopefully be made of metal.) and should be pretty strong.

edit: as a mod stated earlier, I know this design becomes property of xbox-scene / project deck because I posted it here. no problems though, you guys are welcome to use it or any parts of it if you find it useful. biggrin.gif

Edited by drleephd, 29 May 2004 - 09:01 AM.

#456 ub312g0d

ub312g0d

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 323 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

I think that if we made this out of brushed aluminum it could be done pretty easily, and relatively cheaply. I love the simple look that the aluminum gives a case while keeping the ability for the case to keep a very professional look. Also, it would bring the possibilty of anodizing the case to create different colours.

#457 drleephd

drleephd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:05 PM

anodized alluminum is pretty cool, not sure how difficult it is to do.
a steel case would definately be cheaper, but I'd pay maybe $15 more to have it made of brushed or anodized alluminum... not much more than that though, I want this to end up being cheap smile.gif

#458 Ice9 Tech

Ice9 Tech

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, Xbox Modding, Xbox Hacking, Xbox Buying, Swearing, Paintballing, Gaming
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:14 PM

drleephd, that's a great design. I like it, very short, like a DVD Player. That design kicks ass!

#459 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,466 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:24 PM

you guys here dont need to worry about going all the way with the cad designs... if you have a good idea for a layout or add-on that you'd like to contribute or just want to cheer us on biggrin.gif please go ahead but you needn't worry yourselves with the details, we've been progressing forward at a steady pace, and have a whole lot of good ideas lined up.

we have some top notch case layouts and vona and I have been working on some crazy electrical stuff lined up, definilty stuff you haven't seen before and definilty stuff, (if the survey results were any indication) that you'll all like/want/use wink.gif **

we're currently working on designing 2 cases actually. the first one will probably be smaller (housing 1dvd and 2hdd, the most common configuration from the survey), very VERY modable, and hopefully reasonably priced. we're working on getting this one out the door as quickly as possible. after that we'll be consentrating on getting some of the electrical stuff out. and then we'll be working on getting our a larger (2DVD 4HDD) case that will be a little more expensive but very expandable, probably not much in the way of visual mods but that case will definilty offer much in the way of internal expandability.

now when I say soon I mean in a month or two... the project time table is for august, there's always a whisper of a chance none of this ever happens but we're all doing our best to make sure it does happen and when it does it's done f*ckin proper cool.gif

you'll have a little more insight once we have a solid direction for all of this stuff.

**note: trying not to sound too much like a modchip enticement post rolleyes.gif
*note: u

#460 drleephd

drleephd

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 08:32 PM

I just got sketchup and am still kinda learning it so it's no trouble making my cad designs (pretty fun really). but I'm still waiting anxiously to hear more about the final product. it should be awesome. biggrin.gif

Edited by drleephd, 30 May 2004 - 04:51 AM.

#461 Ben999_

Ben999_

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 29 May 2004 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (twistedsymphony @ May 29 2004, 05:24 PM)
now when I say soon I mean in a month or two... the project time table is for august, there's always a whisper of a chance none of this ever happens but we're all doing our best to make sure it does happen and when it does it's done f*ckin proper cool.gif

*note: u

laugh.gif tongue.gif

#462 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:01 AM

bump for encouragement beerchug.gif

#463 CrayZEE

CrayZEE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:44 AM

hows the project comming along?

#464 ShadowRaider

ShadowRaider

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:31 AM

QUOTE (CHRONOSTORM @ May 27 2004, 04:02 PM)
user posted image

awsome looking.

Yep, i like that, but since you guys dont want to get sewed you should change the "X" to another letter like "Z", because it soulds like you guys are creating you own consol compatable to xbox. this dosent seem like a mod. lol

i like the touch idea.

if youve ever seen a Apple monitor (the new ones) they have a touch button made out of plastic and has a led behind it when its on. i like that alot, almost was about to buy the monitor just cuz of that, but relixed too much $$ for a Apple monitor...

just a sugestion...

and also,

2 dvd drives are not needed, and i like the HD swap idea.... but dont forget the intetnet conection and the box should come moded stock.

keep us updated, i wonder how much this is going to cost????????/

#465 ShadowRaider

ShadowRaider

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 May 2004 - 03:41 AM

just another idea, because it sounds like you guys dont want the controler wires in the way is....

you could have all the ports wireless, so you would for example buy a witeless controler and hide the thing inside the box...

i think that would be cool, and you can have the power rin off the system

let me know what u think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users