3 replies to this topic

#1 IDDQD

IDDQD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:42 PM

Okay, I just bought a premodded Xbox from a friend, to complement my first one, both of which have Chameleons. Mine has a blue LED, and his has a red LED, though both work... kind of weird. However -- I currently have a 200 GB HD in my Xbox, and it works fine, my old HD was an 80 GB WD800, which doesn't work in his Xbox. At the same time, I just plugged it into mine, and it works fine. With his, it gives me error 06, saying the HD cannot be unlocked. I'm going to try to lock it with ConfigMagic on mine, so I can stick it in his and see what happens, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

#2 IDDQD

IDDQD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 03:52 PM

Hah, problem fixed, I had to unlock the HD on mine, so I can lock it on the other one... still, I have one question -- why is his LED red, and mine blue? Kind of weird.

#3 dangpride

dangpride

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 290 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 16 May 2004 - 05:02 PM

maybe he switched the blue one with a red one? not sure, maybe the older ones have red leds ...

#4 IDDQD

IDDQD

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (dangpride @ May 16 2004, 07:02 PM)
maybe he switched the blue one with a red one? not sure, maybe the older ones have red leds ...

Ah, I found the answer, yeah, I had a "genuine" chip before, it appears his is from EasyBuy. Oh well, it still works smile.gif From the "Is your chip a genuine Xodus" post:

If your chip has a red LED, has Matrix switches, and/or was purchased from EB2K after December 16th, 2003, you are officially an owner of an EasyBuy2000 Chameleon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users