• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 BigJimSlade

BigJimSlade

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:43 PM

I got a ram upgrade from FriendTech, the DreamX folks.

I've run the xbmemdump.xbe from the XDK, ram tests fine.

I've also run an app for testing RAM on xbox... can't remember what the name of it is though. It's got a check for CRC and reports 128MB or so. No CRC errors, etc.

The problem, is that ever since I've got the xbox back, it frequently likes to reboot. Sometimes in-game and sometimes just sitting at the dashboard.

I've swapped the old harddrive back in (original without ANY modifications, i.e. without evox), and I get the same problem. I looked at the motherboard for signs of solder, etc... can't find anything.

The box is modded with an XBIT with evox and was functioning 100% before the upgrade. Since MA, SSX3 are on HD, I need to test with xbit on.

I can't seem to go 10 minutes in Mech Assault, SSX3.... these worked great before from HD.

Temperature is good... I even upped the fan to 12v and left the case open. 94-115F sometimes at reboot. CPU also cool.

The RAM chips that were added are Samsung, same bottom line, but the top line is different. The bottom line is the long one.

I thinking about sending the xbox back. Has anyone else had trouble after a ram upgrade?

Could my xbit be hosed or gotten flakey? I've reflashed with verify, and seems to read/write/verify just fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users