• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 deficationNation

deficationNation

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:35 AM

I'm installing a dash using Slayer's 2.5 and am trying to back up the C drive before proceeding. Im using a crossover but have been unable to ping my box. The problem with all the ftp guides is they all rely on working dashes/connections. Its not a bad cable, use it with my laptop frequently. As i understand it, upon rebooting the box should automatically configure its ip adress using slayers setup to work with the current ip setup you have on your comp. I have no other devices that interfere with the ip adress. Looking for any suggestions. The ip on the temporary dash is always 0.0.0.0 and i can't change the config without modyfing the .ini of the install, which i really want to avoid.

#2 pjfan281

pjfan281

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 645 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 12:38 AM

"the box should automatically configure its ip adress" = dhcp = router

using a crossover cable, you must set evox to a static ip and work from there

#3 asahi12

asahi12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:51 PM

I am having an issue also. Once I was able to get the xbox connected I cannot connect to it with FlashFXP. Keeps giving me access is denied. Checked the settings and could not find a username but did find a password. Is there a username or is it blank?

P.S. I used Slayers 2.5 install also

#4 MartyMcFly

MartyMcFly

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:34 AM

Usually the user name and password are both xbox. Just the word, with no period and all lower case. Unless you somehow changed it. But if you dont know how to change it then you probably didnt accidentally change it. Cause you would need to know how...catch my drift???

#5 asahi12

asahi12

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:14 PM

hmmmm. That is what I tried and since this was the slayer 2.5 install I did not have a chance to go in and change the evox.ini file. Could it be the app I am using? Is there another FTP program you would recommend? Would Bulletproof or WSFtp work?

Thanks

#6 thewickedjester

thewickedjester

X-S Knowledgebase

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:17 PM

flash fxp is the best one i have found, your username "should" always be xbox, but i think you can change your pass, go into the evox settings and something under password or something like that should list your password, try using whatever one it has listed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users