• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kiaconcepts

kiaconcepts

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:11 AM

I been trying to play a DVD, I have the Excuter 2.3 Lite + and EVOX_3395 with XBMC, What program do you reccomend for play DVD and VCD and SVCD and AVI, NTSC and PAL, I would like to be able to play PAL too, Thanks

#2 yantao

yantao

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 05:18 AM

I think most people are using DVD Region X v2.0 with provides support for Menu but no support for the Remote control.

For remote control to work, you might have to use the MS-Dashboard hack which you can burn into a CD and boot using that to activate & de-activate the hack.
Check it out @ http://www.eurasia.n...atch_disc_v1.04

#3 nimbles

nimbles

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,184 posts
  • Interests:Student, Mathematical Finance.<br>Most sports, footbal (Arsenal fan), cricket &amp; rugby<br>Movie Junkie.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 18 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

full dvd playback (inlcuding use of menus etc.) without a remote your only option is dvd region x

with remote as yantao said the m$ dash board will work and he correctly pointed out there is even a multi region patcher, but it will if you accidently forget to unpatch it before connecting, get you banned from live. Furthermore if you do a live update, that will also rewrite the xboxdash.xbe to the latest live version, and i'm not 100% sure that the patch works on the latest versions.

My recommendation if using a remote, is to use either tHc or tHc lite (more info in the MS dash forum)

Its a hacked version of the MS dash board and does everything that the m$ dash does (gamesave management/ audio/video/clock settings) plus is multi region "out the box" and has background music and is fully skinable (although skin creation is a alot more complicated than avalaunch or evox.

It'll (tHc Lite- much simpler to install) load straight away if you place it on the C: partition but if you insist on putting in some other location you will need to do a bit hexediting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users