9 replies to this topic

#1 cityson

cityson

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:06 PM

I don't get it...They say XBMC supports .rm and .mkv...Well, I tried playing them but they just ended up freezing my xbox. I can only play .avi/xvid/divx....If they can't make XBMC play .rm and .mkv, plz don't say it can! It's all bull...

#2 kingroach

kingroach

X-S Hacker

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:24 PM

Dont say its bull only because of u cannt play them. I even player .rm in february builds and letest builds also support them. .mkv is also supported. I think you just downloaded a daily cvs build. Download a full version of official build. mad.gif

#3 cityson

cityson

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (kingroach @ May 20 2004, 10:24 PM)
Dont say its bull only because of u cannt play them. I even player .rm in february builds and letest builds also support them. .mkv is also supported. I think you just downloaded a daily cvs build. Download a full version of official build. mad.gif

I don't got stinkin' Cv build mine is a 4-13-2004 build. mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif All I know is the fact it won't play rm and mkv.

#4 Butcher_

Butcher_

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

Are you seriously expecting support for a version over a month old?

#5 cityson

cityson

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:18 PM

QUOTE (Butcher_ @ May 20 2004, 11:09 PM)
Are you seriously expecting support for a version over a month old?

Since everybody is so selfish they dont' want to tell me where to get the latest XBMCs...So that's the only version I can download off eMule. sad.gif Life sucks.

EDIT: Even the latest XBMplayer 2.4 wouldn't play the .rm, .mkv....So I shouldn't have too much hope on XBMC...

Edited by cityson, 20 May 2004 - 09:19 PM.

#6 jingjing

jingjing

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 113 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 09:35 PM

So, if everyone else can do it and you can't, who's to blame. The last proper build was 4-19-04. Most like to try the latest CVS builds. Look in the xbox-scene tutorials for some hints. Everyone has done it and we expect you to also. And yes, I was wanting someone to lead me by the hand not long ago. Now I just ask stupid questions. Once you find the typical places, you can get anything you want. Here is a good web site: www.xbins.org.

Edited by jingjing, 20 May 2004 - 09:45 PM.

#7 Butcher_

Butcher_

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:43 PM

Note, you need the real codecs installed for realmedia files to work. See xbmc\mplayer\codecs\readme.txt.

mkv support has been in since mid january. They should work fine.

#8 alsybub

alsybub

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,315 posts
  • Location:South Coast, UK PlayStation3 Version: v1.0 Nintendo Wii Version: v1.0
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 May 2004 - 10:51 PM

Also no one is ever gonna tell you where to get the files cos we will get kicked, www.xbins.org always has information about when new releases become availableIm saying no more. dry.gif

#9 cityson

cityson

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:43 AM

This is the first time I get so much help ever since I joined...Thank you for the help, I'll see what I can do...

#10 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:27 AM

Closing thread!

Why?

Just read it!!!