#1 shinomen

shinomen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 20 May 2004 - 11:02 PM

I messed up my old xbox (v 1.0) so I went out and bought a new xbox (v 1.5) I already have games and apps on a 160gb HDD that was in the old box. I transfered the HDD to the new box after installing the modchip and I'm getting an error 16 code.

My old xbox had a matrix modchip. When I bought the new box I also bought a new chip, the xecuter 2.3b lite plus. I flashed the bios from the old chip onto the new chip, still no go. I think it may have something to do with the HDD key? since the HDD was configured for the old xbox.

I really don't want to lose everything that I've got on my HDD. Anyone got an idea?

Thanks

#2 PolarBearWY

PolarBearWY

X-S Genius

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:08 AM

You really shouldn't lose "everything." Any and all the apps are readily available online. Your game backups should be available on your original retail discs. The only thing you should be losing is your game saves and a few hours of your time.

I usually suggest that people backup games to their new HDD as they are getting ready to play them. There's no reason to sit in front of the XBox backing up 160 GBs of games. If you back them up as you want to play them, you might find that you don't actually play some of them that often.

#3 shinomen

shinomen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:09 AM

It's the game saves more than anything. You're right about being able to get everything else back. But, I had gotten so far on ninja gaiden! Oh well smile.gif

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 10:02 AM

Xbox saves manager!

Your old saves are still there, but not recognized by the Xbox since it's ID has changed.

Dump your game saves via the saves manager to the PC.

Then just dump them right back to the Xbox.

The saves manager attempts to remove any Xbox specific game "locking".

It doesn't always work but often it does.

#5 shinomen

shinomen

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 02:58 PM

Well, I finally figured out that the Hard Drive has just gone bad. (luckily I have a 3 year warranty on it)

Here's what I did to try and save any data, just in case it might help someone.

First I made an evox cd so that I could get into the box via the network. When I ftp'd into it, nothing was on any of the drives except the d, which of course was just the cd rom drive.

So I figured I lost everything anyway and tried to reformat it. But when I tried to write to the drive it gave me errors. I brought it to work and ran the western digital diagnostics on it and it came back with error code 0550 which basically says the drive is bad and needs to be replaced.

The last thing I'm going to try is to boot into winpe and run some data recovery tools on it and see if I can retrieve any raw data. Most likely this won't work, since the drive is in fatx format. But I'm still going to try.

After that it's off to RMA it.

Thanks for your help.

#6 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 04:48 PM

No WinPE will not work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users