Raymonte

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:27 AM

Up until a few months ago, I had been using my XBox to play DVD's because my standalone DVD player died. I'm using EvoX and have it set to autolaunch DVD's so I could use the XBox DVD remote and dongle. Since then, I bought a new DVD player and haven't played any in the XBox.

Last weekend I went away and took the XBox with me. I packed it in a padded case (similar to a laptop case) and secured it in the trunk for the long ride.

When I got it hooked up I tried several DVD's and couldn't get any to play. I get the ol' "Your XBox requires service" message with a number 21 in the top left corner.

I can play games (originals and DVD-R & CD-RW backups) and I can launch and use apps and emu's from the EvoX menu.

I disabled the autolaunch and tried XBMP and that didn't work either.

I recently upgraded the BIOS. I thought that may have been the problem so I reflashed the old EvoX 2.5 and still had the same problem (chip switches are set to flash BIOS from disc).

My chip is soldered to the alternate d0 on the bottom of the board.

Any ideas? If the wire came unsoldered or if one of the pogo pins isn't making contact then the whole chip would fail right? I made sure that my XBox had a nice cushy ride so I don't really think it got knocked around during the trip.

All that's changed since I last played a DVD is:
I set the chip switches to allow me to flash the BIOS from a disc
I upgraded the BIOS
I took it away on vacation.

Thanks

#2 Raymonte

Raymonte

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 21 May 2004 - 01:30 AM

I also tried to launch the ms dashboard and play a DVD and I just got the same message.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users