brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

I just bought 2 pairs of Sony XPlod speakers for my 97 Accord. I'm looking all over for some kind of custom carpet for the back of the car (behind the back seat) so I can use the bad-ass looking grills that came with the speakers, without showing the ugly metal that surrounds the speaker opening. I don't want to put the old speaker covers back on, cause I'm going for a color theme here. Anyone know where I can find something like this? I'd really like something for the door speakers too, same situation there. I don't want to buy custom kick panels, cause I'd get them dirty as shit, and there'd be too much clutter. So does anyone know where I can find such a product, or at least the name of the product I'm looking for? Sorry for rambling on.

#2 Hercules Q Einstein

Hercules Q Einstein

Scarface

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

why not just buy carpet?

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:33 PM

Actually I just decided to do that. My car is beige inside, but my stereo and speakers are black and red, so I'm gonna buy black carpet and replace the rear deck and the carpeted door parts. I think it'll look pretty nice.

#4 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 May 2004 - 12:13 AM

In all due respect if you've bought xplod speakers I'd want them under the factory grills. Sony's car audio isn't known for quality and I'd rather have people not know that's what I put in.

I've used sony in the past because it's cheap, but their xplod stuff i've never been impressed with

#5 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,747 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 May 2004 - 03:57 AM

No arguments there. Every one I have talked to with Xplods has had them do just that (explode) within a year. Anyways the other solution is to do what I did and get some grill cloth and put it over your speaker grills. I have it on my sub box and it looks great.

#6 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 22 May 2004 - 06:04 AM

The only thing Sony I would buy as far as car stero stuff is cd players. I have owned several and nver had a problem. I love them.

#7 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 02:31 AM

The Xplods sound a hell of a lot better on my Xplod CD player than my Polk Audio speakers did. Ah well, I bought black felt and glued it over my old rear deck, cut holes for the speakers, light, and trunk release and it really all looks great.

#8 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:56 AM

Oh man, you really did your research before buying, didn't you. Polk audio is another brand that is overpriced crap. Every polk audio product that I have ever owned has crapped out on me within 2 years (and I am pretty easy on my speakers). While they work, they are great speakers but they don't last worth anything. I don't like Rockford Fosgate or MTX at all but given the money you spent, I would definitely take either of them over Sony or Polk audio. They sound just the same and they will last at least 3 times longer.

Edited by jesterrace777, 23 May 2004 - 05:57 AM.

#9 Hercules Q Einstein

Hercules Q Einstein

Scarface

• PipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 23 May 2004 - 05:58 PM

Yeah sonys (more specificly Xplods) suck, i would not show off the fact that i had them. Polk used to be good (from what i hear) but suck now.

#10 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 23 May 2004 - 09:26 PM

Polk used to have good sound quality but shitty durability. Now it seems they have shitty sound quality and shitty durability, yet they still charge premium prices for thier speakers.

#11 celinedrules

celinedrules

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,430 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 May 2004 - 03:41 PM

I have polk 6x9 in my rear deck and polk components in my door. I have had them for several years now and the sound great and never had a problem w/ them.

#12 jesterrace777

jesterrace777

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,747 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:37 PM

To each thier own. I have had a pair of component polks crap out on me within 2 years, my girl has some in her doors that have started crackling and I have had several friends with similar experiences.

#13 UndercoverPunker

UndercoverPunker

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Interests:XBOX, snowboarding, My Caprice, HiFi sound, stuff I'm not supposed to like, community service...

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:32 AM

I'm with Jester on this one... for most people Polk is probably great, but if you go to SQ comps and listen to even some of the worst stuff there you would retch at the SQ of polk... different things work for different people...

#14 Wolves

Wolves

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:39 PM

jus get audiobahn and have fun

Edited by Wolves, 20 June 2004 - 07:41 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users