7 replies to this topic

#1 john1545

john1545

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

Is it essential for the xbox to have that metal heatsheild on the case? I'm planning on installing a cathode or LED's on the jewel tonight and I'm wondering if I can just leave that metal case off and just put the regular plastic on alone. Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

#2 Dan Wysocki

Dan Wysocki

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts
  • Interests:Modding my xbox<br />Sleeping<br />Eating<br />Revo!
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 May 2004 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (john1545 @ May 21 2004, 08:42 PM)
Is it essential for the xbox to have that metal heatsheild on the case? I'm planning on installing a cathode or LED's on the jewel tonight and I'm wondering if I can just leave that metal case off and just put the regular plastic on alone. Thanks in advance! biggrin.gif

shocking, im guessin the search is down then?
that "heat shielding" asd you call it, is actually RF shielding (i think that was the final theory) and it really doesnt make any difference taking out the top bit. I took outt the bottom bit of mine also and it works fine...smile.gif
beerchug.gif

#3 R0Bzombie

R0Bzombie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (john1545 @ May 21 2004, 08:42 PM)
Is it essential for the xbox to have that metal heatsheild on the case? I'm planning on installing a cathode or LED's on the jewel tonight and I'm wondering if I can just leave that metal case off and just put the regular plastic on alone. Thanks in advance! 

shocking, im guessin the search is down then?
that "heat shielding" asd you call it, is actually RF shielding (i think that was the final theory) and it really doesnt make any difference taking out the top bit. I took outt the bottom bit of mine also and it works fine...

Dan Wysocki,
did you noticed any change without the bottom metal shielding ?
I'm planning to remove my one and don't know if it's there for a heating purpose or RF shielding.

#4 TheMuffinMan

TheMuffinMan

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 21 May 2004 - 07:50 PM

From what i've heard, the most that happens if you remove it is possible problems with other electronic equipment nearby, someone mentioned their audio video on TV, etc. I've played with mine off, and no problems, All the grounding is done through the psu

#5 weeman666

weeman666

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,479 posts

Posted 21 May 2004 - 09:53 PM

i cant play a redeo with in 10 feet of my xbox because it has no top and the radio will go fuzzy.

#6 ~CaneZ~

~CaneZ~

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:29 AM

might casue some interfearance but i doubt it

#7 R0Bzombie

R0Bzombie

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 22 May 2004 - 01:06 PM

So if I understand, if I already have the top part removed it will make no change to remove the bottom one.

#8 Zodiiak

Zodiiak

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts
  • Interests:Life
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 22 May 2004 - 08:56 PM

Search.

Technically you can remove the shielding, most people leave the bottom and sides. There have been issues reported when removing the sides/bottom. I'm sure if looked at the pinned topics, it's explained in more depth wink.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users