Photo

Network Not Working At All (xbl As Well)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 InajaD

InajaD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:22 AM

The network conection between my xbox and pc was working just fine, and from one day to the next it just stoped working! Now neither XBL nor the network work! The same day it stopped working there was a short blackout that happened exactly at the same time i turned on my xbox, BUT the network cable wasn't plugged in! The network lights do light up. If i run the troubleshooter from xbox live it'll find the cables but not an ip, also if i try to ftp into the box, the connection times out. I didnt change any setting whatsoever and i dont know what's happening! I did some research and only found one thread but it didnt have an answer! So anyone has any idea of what's going on? And let's say the network card in the box somehow fried in the blackout, is there a way to get another one? or i need to get me another mboard or new box?
Thank you all for the help!

#2 jquintjr

jquintjr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:04 AM

You and me both buddy.

Except mine isn't because of a power surge.

#3 mikearama

mikearama

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 12:20 PM

Well, let's start with basic OSI Layer questions...

You said that the cable wasn't plugged in. When it is plugged in, LIVE finds the cable, but not an IP. Before you do anything else, check your settings... where's the IP, and what is it? If you don't have a valid IP, no network.

Next, don't let the lights on the back of the PC fool you... the cable could still be bad. Get another one, and swap it in. Also, check the PC's network card, and drivers. Make sure there's no issue in Device Manager. Pink the loopback address... 127.0.0.1

Are you direct between the BOX and PC? or is there a router/switch between?

I think you'll be surprised at the cause... it won't be a frazzled network card. There are too many fuses that would pop before that happened.

#4 jquintjr

jquintjr

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:34 PM

You can do a simple examination of the NIC on your xbox, and whatever it's connected to. Are the pins inside the NIC damaged, or bent at all?

#5 InajaD

InajaD

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 25 May 2004 - 02:07 PM

I left out some "details", so here it is! My pc is conected to a network and the xbox is now a part of that network, so basically there are 2 routers between the box and the internet, but only one between the box and my pc. There is no problem with my pc connections, for i access the internet with no problems at all.
My xbox ip is 192.168.1.13 for the network, the gateway is .1
So i opened the box just to check if something looked bad in it, but nothing... so i'm thinking about the cable and i'll get another one in a couple of hours, so hopefully is the cable if it's not, i have noooo idea :\
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users