seven5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:23 AM

ok here is the different ways to get icons running on xbmc:

Folder Icon: place your graphic within the folder you would like it to display for and name it folder.jpg

XBE File: place your graphic within the folder of the game or app you want it to display for and name it default.tbn

Movie File: use IMDB from within XBMC to get the movie info, it then applys the movie poster to the file. If it does not get a movie poster, then make sure it has the imdb info cached, then go to imdb.com and get the IMDB number from the URL of the movie. IE, The Day After Tomorrow's URL is: http://imdb.com/title/tt0312600/, so remember 'tt0312600' and name your thumb that and place it in the THUMBS directory at the root of XBMC directory and it will be applied to the movie file.

Single files in a single directory: Name the icon file the same as the file you would like it to display for with a .tbn extension ie: Transformers.avi, Transformers.tbn

Fixed some spelling errors wink.gif /JayDee

Edited by seven5, 25 May 2004 - 03:25 AM.

#2 Softbone

Softbone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 03:31 AM

Just name the tumbs the same as the video and change .jpg to .tbn wink.gif

#3 seven5

seven5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 04:58 AM

hey thanks.. i thought i had tried that, i guess i didn't.

I'm going to edit my post and maybe people will find it to answer these questions since they seem to be asked a lot.

Are there any other ways to make icons i didn't cover? Might as well cover them all.

#4 Softbone

Softbone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 06:34 AM

Not that I can think off. This should be a sticky post so that we do not have to answer the same questions over and over and over and over.... again laugh.gif

#5 JayDee

JayDee

X-S Legend

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,750 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 24 May 2004 - 07:21 AM

Added

#6 bwanaaa

bwanaaa

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 95 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:13 AM

how would i add an icon to a script-

Take for example simplescript.py in the folder 'my programs'.
would i use a jpg or a gif with the name
simplescript.tbn?

#7 seven5

seven5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:12 AM

probably. just try it.

#8 rothbart

rothbart

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 05:52 AM

QUOTE (seven5 @ May 24 2004, 05:23 AM)
ok here is the different ways to get icons running on xbmc:

Folder Icon: place your graphic within the folder you would like it to display for and name it folder.jpg

So I added a folder.jpg to one of my video folders. When I update the folder.jpg, it never updates the icon in XBMC. I've tried rebooting, deleting the file, etc. If I rename the folder (from say movies to movies2) then the newer thumbnail is used, but if I rename it back, it goes back to using the old thumbnail. It's cacheing it somewhere and I can't seem to find it. Any ideas?

#9 seven5

seven5

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 11:05 AM

you need to delete the myprograms cache file under /xbmc/albums

#10 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 June 2004 - 12:14 AM

I appreciate all the fine features that have been added, but this is one I don't understand.

Under xbmp you named a jpg the same as a folder, and switched the extension from jpg to tbn to give the folder an icon. I must have done this for hundreds of albums. Now I need to go in an rename them all folder.jpg and move them into the folder instead of being at the same level in the hierachy.

Fine if you are starting from scratch, but not if you are upgrading from XBMP to XBMC - which so many people must have done at some point. Why not let the thumb feature be backwards compatible with the structure set up for xbmp? Am I the only person using this for music?

#11 X-ace

X-ace

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:20 PM

change req was entered on sourceforge and Bobbin007 already programmed the change. Should show up in the next CVS build.

So in the future XBMC will be compatible with xbmp folder thumbnails. (and the new way of naming folders folder.jpg should also work.)

#12 Softbone

Softbone

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 277 posts

Posted 05 May 2005 - 11:51 AM

Is there any way to just put one jpg file in a folder and get it work for all the files in a folder. E.g. I have a folder with tv-series in it and I whant all to have the same picture without having to have one for each file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users