4 replies to this topic

#1 NEUROMODS

NEUROMODS

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:08 AM

I am thinking about removing my jewel and adding a new one. Last Xbox I had i used a hair dryer to try and remove it... damn thing god pretty hot but never came off. i tried it again and used a butter knife to get under it, scratched the case a bit but came off.
I heard if i stick the case in the freezer for long the jewel may come off. anyone try this yet and did it work well?

#2 decline1822

decline1822

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:11 AM

I ended up cracking my case with this method. Just be careful (unlike me) and you should be all right though. cool.gif

#3 D0wnXcaST

D0wnXcaST

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2

Posted 24 May 2004 - 11:31 AM

That worked perfectly for me, put it in freezer for about 30 min, took it out, than hit under the jewel with an hammer, and the jewel popped right off.

just dont hit to hard.
smile.gif

#4 stefan.li

stefan.li

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:03 PM

Worked great for me to, 45min in freezer and I use the handel of the hammer, one hit and it came right of.

#5 Dasgooch

Dasgooch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 May 2004 - 01:25 PM

I've used the freezer method on 4 xboxs and it works great. Like the others have said be careful though, I usually hit mine with the handle of a screwdriver that is hard rubber so I don't knick anything up. don't be afraid to be afraid to give it a few good whacks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users