• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gstifflerd

gstifflerd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:34 PM

So I accidently screwed up a softmod, and I now need to fix the C partition. I FTPd the entire HDD to my comp before I did anything, so I have all the files I need. How do I go about doing this? Here is what I have figured so far:

Boot to boot disk (CD)
Hdunlock
Hddisable
Boot to windows
HDD_Driver

Now what? I don't want to make a backup file, and I don't have one to restore. How do I just copy the C partition from my computer to the Xbox HDD? Thanks for your time.

#2 Pizza Pizz

Pizza Pizz

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

Best way to fix a messed up dash with the h/d still locked is the hotswap method using another modded xbox.....

Best place to ask is to post in the audio/font exploit section - they might be able to help ya more

I never bother with any softmods - prefer tsop or mod methods

best of luck

#3 Lugnut

Lugnut

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 05:00 PM

You'll have to fix it with a modchip.

You can use a solderless modchip temporarily just so you can ftp into it then you can remove it later if you dont want it for some reason.

If you have the backup of the eeprom.bin, then you can unlock the hard drive so you can put it in another modchipped or tsop'd xbox, ftp into it, fix your files, take it out and then relock it with the proper password.

Edited by Lugnut, 25 May 2004 - 05:01 PM.

#4 gstifflerd

gstifflerd

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 25 May 2004 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Lugnut @ May 25 2004, 07:00 PM)
You'll have to fix it with a modchip.

You can use a solderless modchip temporarily just so you can ftp into it then you can remove it later if you dont want it for some reason.

If you have the backup of the eeprom.bin, then you can unlock the hard drive so you can put it in another modchipped or tsop'd xbox, ftp into it, fix your files, take it out and then relock it with the proper password.

Nah, I was able to repair it in Linux...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users