• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rpmarens

rpmarens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2004 - 04:03 PM

I would like to run PAL games on my NTSC Xbox... and after using the Enigmah region selector software I get rolling video and black/white colors.

The black/white color scheme I can live with... it's the rolling video that irks me and makes playing PAL games impossible. I understand that NTSC TVs have a different signal frequency than PAL TVs... and I know that the problem lies therein... but I would like to know if theres any way to temporarily fix this problem so that I can finally play Championship Manager 2004...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 27 May 2004 - 02:42 AM

Dude, leave the Xbox set to NTSC. The majority of PAL games run fine in NTSC mode, but I dunno about Championship Manager. I think it's a 50Hz only game and thus will never work in NTSC mode.

Try it and see..

#3 rpmarens

rpmarens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 06:08 AM

I tried it with LMA Manager and it gets stuck on the Xecuter2 XBox logo screen right after the blob intro when I run it in NTSC. I've also run the game in PAL mode and it loads just fine (except for the scrolling screen and black/white video).

Do you run a NTSC or PAL Xbox?
How do you know PAL games will work on a modded NTSC XBox?
Are there any PAL games you KNOW will work?

thank you for your reply

rpm

#4 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:32 PM

I live in Australia and have my Xbox permanently set to NTSC so I can use the HD resolutions on my HDTV. All my PAL games run fine in NTSC. I won't list them all, just the ones that don't work.

I've tried nearly every PAL release out so I think I know which ones work and which don't.

A few PAL versions I've found that will not work include:

Time Spliiters 2
Tiger Woods 2004
Fight Night 2004
Finding Nemo
Hulk
Indycars
Worms 3D (can be patched)

There's probably a few others, but I can't think of them right at this moment.

Edited by Dreamcazman, 27 May 2004 - 07:40 PM.

#5 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:39 PM

Just like to add that there is only a handful that don't work. Most times if the game originated from a NTSC country (ie Japan or US) than more than likely the PAL version will work in NTSC.

If the game originated from Europe (like LMA Manager) alot of the time they will run in 50Hz PAL only as that is what their TV system is.

You can't always go by this though as both Colin McRae 3 & 4 came from Europe and they run good in NTSC.

Before buying a PAL game, do a bit of research first to make sure it will work in NTSC.

#6 rpmarens

rpmarens

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 10:46 PM

thank you... will do!

you've been very helpful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users