Photo

I Just Bought An Xbox And It's A V1.6, What Now?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 MicroChip

MicroChip

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:39 PM

Ok, I've never owned an XBox before yesterday. I went to Circuit City with the intention of buying an XBox, taking it home, ordering a modchip, putting a bigger harddrive in it, and using it primarily for XBox Media Center, occasionally playing games (not online). I also bought the HDTV adapter and DVD control kit.

So I get home, hook it up, everything looks neato. I come here to figure out which modchip to get, start reading about the different box versions, open up my XBox fairly neatly but probably can't return it now, and it's a v1.6.

Next I started scouring the assorted modchip maker's forums. It's like a race to get the first chip to work on v1.6. SmartXXX says theirs already does (with a few extra wires). Thing is they say the smartxxx works, but nobody's sure if it will do what a modchip is supposed to do, because the bios is different in the v1.6. Am I understanding right?

So what can I do with the v1.6 so that I can run Xbox Media Center?

Thanks!
MC

#2 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:44 PM

You may have to wait for a new bios release that lets you run unsigned code. Team Xecuter is probably getting close to releasing one, but since the X3 chips are in the final stages...who knows when the bios will be out...also, look out for a new Evox bios...they don't seem to post much until they release their stuff.

#3 MicroChip

MicroChip

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 27 May 2004 - 04:54 PM

That was fast thanks for the reply.

Ok, I thought EvoX was a replacement dashboard, not a BIOS. I'm sure I'm showing my total noobness here...

So pretty much with this v1.6 I just have to hang out and wait for there to be a complete package before I order anything. Any ideas how long that might be?

Thanks again!
MC

#4 EvilGoodGuy

EvilGoodGuy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:31 PM

EvoX makes their dashboard and bioses.

#5 moddingbox_

moddingbox_

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Modding pretty much anything I can :) Ps...Thanks Modiller_ for helping me so much
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:47 PM

xecuter3 will support 1.6 most likely. Im not sure if there will be a solderless solution though hopefully TeamX will come through for us!

GO TEAMX GO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users