#1 sdpnoy

sdpnoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 27 May 2004 - 07:43 PM

I know there's probably a work around for it but when I used the search engine, it came up with the Google one because of high traffic...

Dilema...

Copied my original to my HDD and it plays through the tutorial but when I get to the actual gameplay, it freezes...dirty disk error. Any suggestions?

Edited by sdpnoy, 27 May 2004 - 07:44 PM.

#2 EvilGoodGuy

EvilGoodGuy

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:25 AM

Read the pinned topic.

#3 swarmer

swarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:38 AM

Actually I see all of these games not working post but I have backed up about 30 of my games and have not had any problems.

PS:I use DVD2XBOX 5.7

So try using DVD2XBOX it should work, if it doesn't try cleaning the disk then recopying it.

#4 Tafflex

Tafflex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 06:33 AM

I just tried to copy Contracts (a brand new disc) to my HDD multiple times with DVD2Xbox and it keeps freezing up before the files will start copying. I have used DVD2Xbox for stacks of games, but this is the first time I've seen this happen. I was wondering if there might be some new kind of copy protection on the game or something.

#5 Tafflex

Tafflex

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:22 AM

I managed to copy it ok using boXplorer and it loads up okay, but I haven't had a chance to see if it plays beyond the tutorial yet. I'd be interested to know why DVD2Xbox can't deal with it.

#6 swarmer

swarmer

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:26 AM

I'm not sure why it won't work for you I am pretty sure that is what I used to back it up on mine.

#7 sdpnoy

sdpnoy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 142 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:36 PM

Hey guys thanks for the input. I'll try to re-copy my original again using other tools. I'll let you know what happens.

#8 chaosbringer

chaosbringer

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:46 PM

dvd2xbox is one of the best tools out there, but try using complex tools if your original can't backup to the hdd. I had the same problem. Also, it would help if you gave detail on the physical condition of the game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users