X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:28 AM

http://www.phantom.net/

PHantom is a pc thats also a gaming console. has features like xbox:
The Phantom™ Gaming Service brings high quality gaming a whole audience with an always-on, broadband-connected gaming service. The Phantom Gaming Service delivers convenience, ease of use, instant gratification, and the broadest range of games, including a large library of the latest releases as well as difficult to find games.
The Phantom Gaming Service is pioneering a whole new method of distributing games that benefits consumers, publishers and retailers. This fall, the dream of being able to purchase any game, at any time, from the comfort of the family room, becomes a reality.

Specs

AMD® Athlon™ XP 2500+ central processing unit (CPU)
NVIDIA® GeForce™ FX 5700 Ultra graphics processing unit (GPU)
NVIDIA nForce™2 Ultra 400 platform processor
256 MB RAM
40 GB local content cache
MS Windows XP® Embedded Operating System
Dynamic, personalized user interfaces customizable for age, gender or technical expertise
Lapboard, mouse and game pad included 

Xbox 2:
The B/R/S Group, a California-based market research company that lists MS and the Xbox division specifically as clients, has been gathering consumer feedback on a device it refers to as Xbox Next PC – "a videogame console system with a hard drive and a built-in fully functional PC." Mention of the device came on one of several slides shown to focus groups.
One slide describes the unit, which would require a PC monitor or high definition television, as being backward compatible with current and next-generation Xbox titles. It would also play PC games and include a fully functional version of Windows, CD burner, DVD player (with remote control), built-in access to Xbox Live and a hard drive. Control-wise, the system would come with both a keyboard and mouse and a standard Xbox controller. The price point this particular study tested was $599.
B/R/S officials declined to comment for this column, citing a strict confidentiality agreement with MS.

Should MS move forward with a hybrid machine, it will likely come after a standalone Xbox 2 unit is released. As for when we'll see next generation Xboxes on store shelves - officially, MS isn't commenting, but it has been giving publishers guidance to plan for a 2005 launch.

sounds similar doesnt it?

sry about posting it here. i didnt realize till after.

Edited by SC00BY, 28 May 2004 - 12:33 AM.

#2 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

Infinium Labs is one of the few companies that is more asshole-y than MS.

#3 SC00BY

SC00BY

X-S Senior Member

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (cueball13 @ May 28 2004, 02:42 AM)
Infinium Labs is one of the few companies that is more asshole-y than MS.

ha. i never heard of infinium labs till a couple hours ago. so i wouldnt know. but anyways...since i saw this news a about xbox 2 also being a pc makes me think. did MS get their ideas from infinium labs or did they think of it by themselves. hummm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users