4 replies to this topic

#1 bryanp

bryanp

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 01:01 PM

Even if the game doesn't suppot it officially. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? If so, I would like to know.

Also, if I have my box modded, as long as I set the HD setting in the MS Dashboard, should I be fine?

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (bryanp @ May 29 2004, 02:01 PM)
Even if the game doesn't suppot it officially. Anyone know if there is any truth to this? If so, I would like to know.

Also, if I have my box modded, as long as I set the HD setting in the MS Dashboard, should I be fine?

Support it officially?

Huh?

Either the game does or it doesn't.

FEW do not, you can count them on one hand. And of those that do not, more than half of them can be patched to enable 480p... which leaves one or two titles which will not work this way.

Re: Mod

The mod chip or mod has nothing to do with it.

If your display and AV pack (or X2VGA adapter) support 480p, then you can enable these modes in the MS Dash.

If the game supports it, it uses the best mode available.

#3 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 29 May 2004 - 02:39 PM

Well, he's saying some games that don't support 480p natively can be patched right? blink.gif unsure.gif

#4 Dreamcazman

Dreamcazman

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 30 May 2004 - 05:00 AM

I'd say you have a PAL Xbox and you want to run your games in HD. That is where the modchip comes in.

You need a program called the Enigmah Video Selector. This changes some info in your EEPROM so the Xbox outputs NTSC instead. Then you can select the HD options when you have a HDAV pack plugged in.

#5 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 30 May 2004 - 11:50 AM

Yes I believe what you mean is the games that don't run in 480p out of the box, there is a good chance you can patch them to run in 480p. To run one of those patched games you would need a modchip. So in a sense yes, with a modchip you can get more games to run in 480p than without one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users