• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 deano2099

deano2099

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:25 AM

I'm running an Xecuter 2.3B Lite Plus modchip, and I recently purchased Silent Scope Complete (PAL) with the Sniper Scope. Now it works fine with the modchip turned off, the game also works with the modchip on, the problem is the Scope. The buttons all work but the light-gun bit doesn't, the gun won't move the target around the screen, it just doesn't respond.

Now this isn't a big problem, its a legit copy of Silent Scope Complete so I can play it fine with the chip off, it's slightly annoying but no biggy. But being a tech-head I'm rather curious about why this could be happening, as it would seem to be quite a bizzare bug.

#2 tk420

tk420

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:09 AM

Well, a light gun works by drawing a blank frame, followed by a white frame. Then by finidng when the photodiode senses white, it can determine where the light gun is pointed (based on the time it took, blah blah). But that of course doesn't explain why it doesn't work with the modchip on. The only thing I can think of is that your using a different video mode with the modchip on, of course that wouldn't really make much sense, as you would probably notice.

#3 AnThRaX

AnThRaX

X-S Hacker

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,626 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:03 AM

I bet your video mode is set to NTSC. Use enigmah video selector to switch to pal. Then it should work.

#4 timeisntreal

timeisntreal

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 May 2004 - 02:29 AM

If you are doing a high def display light guns wont work in progressive mode

#5 chelrob

chelrob

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5

Posted 10 August 2004 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (AnThRaX @ May 30 2004, 07:06 PM)
I bet your video mode is set to NTSC. Use enigmah video selector to switch to pal. Then it should work.

I have the same problem. The gun and game work perfectly with the modchip off and the original disc in the drive. This is an NTSC XBOX and an NTSC game. The targeting does not work when using the chip and playing from HDD. It must be because of the BIOS on the modchip.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users