#1 drunkpug

drunkpug

X-S Young Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 02 June 2004 - 01:36 PM

Hello, I am not sure if this is the right forum for this but i will go ahead..

i have been moving some videos 2 my xbox... most of them have long file names.. i have been using flash renamer to edit the names auto.. I have used the tool to send a mp3's to the box.. is there anything that will auto rename .m2v and .mpeg automaticly and then send 2 the box.. thanks for your help..

#2 chefelf

chefelf

Brandishing the Triforce of Modding

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,407 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Web Design, Writing, Cycling, Hardware Modification, Building Computers, Music
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 June 2004 - 03:50 PM

So you're looking for something to rename/ftp all in one? I don't know of any utilities that will do that off the top of my head.

If you are looking to play a lot of long filename video/audio on your Xbox you may want to just consider streaming the video/audio from your PC using XBMC. It would save you the hassel of having to rename and FTP.

However, if storage is an issue and you want to store them on your Xbox HDD I think that renaming and then FTPing may be your best bet.

#3 mrRobinson

mrRobinson

X-S Caffeinated Member

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,222 posts
  • Interests:Quantum Loop Theory
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 June 2004 - 04:42 PM

If you use avalaunch as your dash it there is a setting there to automagically clip any long file names to within the limit as it is transferring them so maybe take a look at that.

#4 Mystical_2K

Mystical_2K

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:06 AM

Hi mate, im working on an app at the moment to automatically rename files to the xbox file system (correct length and correct characters) its nearly complete and was designed to be used for Rom files, it is nearly complete now and i might add
FTP support when i have completed the first release, if anyone is interested in this drop me a PM and i will let you know when its out

thanx

Mystical_2K

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users