Mbaboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:51 PM

Ok, I started modding my xbox this weekend. It's loads of fun. So far I mad ethe front eject light half red half green, I took out the jewel and tried to make it clear (more on that later), and I'm ready to spray paint (I'm thinking all white).

1. I wanna put LEDs so they shine through my jewel. I can't do it right now because of lack of time and materials, but I can spary paint my box. The thing is, if I spray paint my box, and then try to drill out the piece under the jewel, will the paint chip or get all messy?

2. I needed to get the paint off my jewel, so I was dumb enough to put it in nail polish remover. I took it out before it was completly dissolved, but it looks horrible. At first, it looked blurrly and I couldn't read the XBOX on it, but after an hour of polishing with toothpaste (all I had) I could read the XBOX logo, but it still looks horrible. I think I'm gonna go to the store and get sandpaper. That'll work, right? Or is there anything else I can do?

Thanks, anything you can answer please go ahead.

#2 cueball13

cueball13

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 01:57 PM

You should probably go ahead and drill the hole before painting so you don't risk messing up your paint job later. As for the jewel, look in the pinned FAQ in this forum.

#3 Mbaboy

Mbaboy

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2004 - 02:19 PM

Well all the FAQ says is to use toothpaste, and I did put it doesn't work. I think the answer is sanding.
Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users