africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:47 PM

SO i have been searching these forums for the past few hours in an attemp to use the UDE on my xbox, ive, gone through all the steps, and i realize this shouldnt be too hard, but from the guide, i cant figure it out. Ive gotten to this step:
"This is all you need to boot a habibi signed E:\default.xbe! (Your Linux loader, PBL, Evox, etc.)."
now, ive downloaded pbl 1.4.1, is that allready habibi signed? and it doesnt come with evox does it? how do i put evox in there,
i realize this might be kinda easy, but i cant find any help anywhere
thanks for any help

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 June 2004 - 03:50 PM

You should sign PBL w/ xbedump (-habibi sign it). Then customize the BFM bios to point to wherever you plan on installing EvoX.

#3 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:04 PM

thanks so much for the speedy reply, wiht xbedumplauncher, which button would be the right one? sign for freex, audio, font, or personal signature?
also i assume when you mention installing evox, thats just ftping it to my xbox right, would i want it in c: or e:?

#4 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:12 PM

QUOTE (africamagical @ Jun 6 2004, 12:04 PM)
thanks so much for the speedy reply, wiht xbedumplauncher, which button would be the right one? sign for freex, audio, font, or personal signature?
also i assume when you mention installing evox, thats just ftping it to my xbox right, would i want it in c: or e:?

I've never used the xbedumplauncher... I've always stuck to the simplicity of xbedump.

To answer your other question: It doesn't matter. You can install it on both if you like and set it in your bios... that way, if one goes corrupt, you have another to bank on. smile.gif

#5 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,340 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:14 PM

But if you don't want to edit your bios just put it in C:

#6 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:20 PM

well i was aboot to ask how to edit the bios, but putting it is c without editing sounds good, so all i have to do to finish this is put the signed pbl in e, and dump my evox stuff all in c?

#7 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (africamagical @ Jun 6 2004, 12:20 PM)
well i was aboot to ask how to edit the bios, but putting it is c without editing sounds good, so all i have to do to finish this is put the signed pbl in e, and dump my evox stuff all in c?

Yes... Make sure you FTP over all of PBL's files and EvoX's files. If you want to edit your bios, use a program callled "XBtool". Make sure evox's *.xbe is named evoxdash.xbe.

#8 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:07 PM

so im still having issues, with it not loading past original xbox screen, could it be that the update.xbe file is 1.87mb, the pined post says it should be 1.97, but ive checked the original live disc, splinter cell, unreal championship, and mech warrior, and they are all the 1.87mb

#9 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:14 PM

why not use the update.xbe included in the package. Also the one on slayer's should work

#10 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:23 PM

package? hmmmm

Edited by africamagical, 06 June 2004 - 05:56 PM.

#11 krayzie

krayzie

X-S Elysian

• Head Moderators
  • 9,340 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:27 PM

uhhh....xbins....

#12 ldots

ldots

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:28 PM

QUOTE (africamagical @ Jun 6 2004, 07:07 PM)
so im still having issues, with it not loading past original xbox screen, could it be that the update.xbe file is 1.87mb, the pined post says it should be 1.97, but ive checked the original live disc, splinter cell, unreal championship, and mech warrior, and they are all the 1.87mb

The correct version is 1974272 bytes = 1.88 mb
The md5sum is a more useful fingerprint. (md5sum = 8ab653c39f555758fb65d9014928c4cd)

#13 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

ok, so i did have the wrong version, i got slayers evox disc and its the correct update.xbe, but now i get error 21,
is all i do, download pbl, patch it with habibi, and put it in e,
then download evox, and put it in c. is that all without any other modification other than the file namechanges etc listed?

#14 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (africamagical @ Jun 6 2004, 06:04 PM)
ok, so i did have the wrong version, i got slayers evox disc and its the correct update.xbe, but now i get error 21,
is all i do, download pbl, patch it with habibi, and put it in e,
then download evox, and put it in c. is that all without any other modification other than the file namechanges etc listed?

Are you putting the bert_ate_ernie.xtf font file on root C:? Did you rename the fonts folder to f0nts?

#15 africamagical

africamagical

X-S Expert

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 10:30 PM

yeah, i did everything listed in the walkthrough, the only part i was confused about is what i was asking about earlier, what to do after those steps, but you guys explained it and i thought i was golden. I dont have to modify the bios right, since im just putting evox in my root c drive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users