• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 adamatic

adamatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:27 PM

I had my Xbox modded for me some time ago, and I'm not sure exactly which chip was put in there. It says Xecuter 2 on the dashboard splash screen, but I don't know which version of this it is, or if its Lite or Pro. I'm running the Evox dashboard.

Is there a utility I can run or a setting I can check that will tell me which chip is installed?

Thanks in advance.

#2 CamdogXIII

CamdogXIII

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • Interests:Modding xbox's, building computers.
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:44 PM

The xecuter thing at the bottom of the splash screen just means that there is xecuter BIOS in ur chip. No there is no utility that checks it so if ur that curios take ur 'box apart and search for pics that look like ur chip But remember curiosity killed the xbox lovin cat.

#3 adamatic

adamatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2004 - 11:54 PM

My reason for wanting to know which chip I have installed is to flash the BIOS, in order to upgrade to a new 160 GB hard drive and not have it be limited to 137 GB. If its just a matter of figuring out which BIOS I have, independent of the chip, then I guess I don't need to know which chip is in there. Besides, I can always take a gander at it when I pop the top to install the HD.

In the Evox settings, under BIOS - it says UNKNOWN for the version. This is also the case when I ran BiosChecker 4.0b. Any suggestions on how to determine which BIOS version I have and how to flash that BIOS with this LBA update?

EDIT:
Additional BIOS information from within the Evox settings:
Kernel: 1.00.4977.01
Info: 00000003 A3 B2

Thanks!

Edited by adamatic, 07 June 2004 - 12:05 AM.

#4 oxjeremy334

oxjeremy334

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,844 posts
  • Interests:Being a Rhinestone Cowboy
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:09 AM

You have 4977 bios from X2. I don't recall if it has the lba support embedded in the bios. Do you have any external switches? Can you open up the xbox and take a picture of the chip?

#5 adamatic

adamatic

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 12:11 AM

Yes, I do have an external switch to go between the modded BIOS and the MS BIOS.

I can also pop open the case if needed.

#6 lookformeb

lookformeb

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,573 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 June 2004 - 01:38 AM

QUOTE (adamatic @ Jun 6 2004, 09:11 PM)
Yes, I do have an external switch to go between the modded BIOS and the MS BIOS.

Huh??

Open it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users