3 replies to this topic

#1 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:06 PM

I'm not sure if my Xbox NIC has gone bad but I can't FTP to my xbox and it was working perfectly ever since I chipped my xbox but since I changed my case and moved all the parts to a new crystal case I haven't been able to FTP.

The green light comes on and amber light flashes but I can't FTP to my xbox and haven't recieved a single byte when I ping. The network icons appears near the clock and I have turned off windows firewall and also Mcaffee firewall but still no luck.

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:21 PM

The grounding "feet" (the pads on the metal bottom of the Xbox) which come into contact with the MB when it's screwed down, vary a bit from version to version, so it is possible that this is the cause of the problem.

#3 XLNC

XLNC

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:28 PM

So should I just open up my xbox and check the grounding of the motherboard? unsure.gif

Can you expand a bit more on this and hope it fixes the problem because without FTP it just sucks real bad. I'll appreciate it if you can help me on this.

Edited by XLNC, 07 June 2004 - 06:29 PM.

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 07 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (XLNC @ Jun 7 2004, 07:28 PM)
So should I just open up my xbox and check the grounding of the motherboard? unsure.gif

Can you expand a bit more on this and hope it fixes the problem because without FTP it just sucks real bad. I'll appreciate it if you can help me on this.

Pull out the motherboard and look at the shiny metal RF plate on the bottom.

Notice that it has "L" shaped "feet" sticking up from it which make contact with the motherboard.

Compare these to the old case.

You may find a difference between the two, and if so this is a likely cause.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users