2 replies to this topic

#1 stooge999x

stooge999x

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:17 AM

I just got a usb to xbox adapter from ebay and i tried plugging my usb keyboard in so i could use dosxbox. For some reason it won't work. I know nothing about using a usb keyboard on the xbox. Do I need some sort of driver (i wouldn't think so, but i'm out of ideas).
Of course it's possible that the cable is bad, but it looks very good and professional.
I should also mention that it's a ps2 keyboard, with a ps2 to usb adapter. Could the extra adapter be causing the problem?
Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:22 AM

unless the adapter contains a controller chip, it will not work (bigger box, not just those tiny green plug adapters).
it needs to be a native USB keyboard, and even then some just don't work.

#3 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (Arakon @ Jun 8 2004, 08:22 AM)
unless the adapter contains a controller chip, it will not work (bigger box, not just those tiny green plug adapters).
it needs to be a native USB keyboard, and even then some just don't work.

You DID mention that it was a USB keyboard, which means that it already has the proper controller chip in it. Does the keyboard light up when you plug it in? (E.G. does it get power)

Also remember that you may need to plug in the keyboard THEN turn on the XBOX.

I can't say offhand why it's not working w/o looking at it...

However I picked up a nice 12.00 XBOX keyboard with the proper XBOX plug in it from Gamestop which works perfectly with those programs that support USB hookups.

BTW: Also try the other ports just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users