• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 1stncld

1stncld

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:17 AM

I have a X2.2 Pro in one xbox and nothing in the other. I bought an xbox off of ebay that had a bad hard drive and I bought a used one to replace it. When I put the used hard drive in my modded xbox I get error 6 even with Slayer's disk in the DVD drive (yes, it does spin up). With my modded hard drive in it will boot to Slayer's CD. I know I need to unlock it but all the tutorials I have read are based on swapping working hard drives not dead ones. I am using Team Xecuters 4981 bios. What am I missing? Is Liveinfo and hddunlocker the only way or is there something else I can do? Different bios? Thanks in advance.

Stone Col

#2 gamarsedge

gamarsedge

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:11 AM

i think the only way is to hot swap i havent heard of any other ways

#3 1stncld

1stncld

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:02 AM

I thought hot swapping was done after the hard drive was unlocked. In the unmodded xbox, I get an error your xbox needs service with no code. Explain to me how to hot swap a locked drive.

#4 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:13 PM

Did you lock this used hdd? If you didn't, and don't have the unlock code (or the eeprom image used to lock it) then its useless. Try plugging it into your pc and see what atapwd.exe has to say about the matter. It is a program that allows you to see the status of many drive features. You can even use it to see how many boots and for how many running hours this used hdd has logged.
As for hotswapping a dead drive, the reason you hotswap it is to get at the data. One thing you can do is throw your chip and working hdd on the new xbox and grab the eeprom image, but this will just allow you to find a valid locking code for a retail bios. It won't help you unlock your used drive unless it was locked with this new xbox.

#5 1stncld

1stncld

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:55 PM

No, I did not lock it, but it was pulled from another system and sold on ebay. I have the original hard drive (dead) for the unmodded xbox. If it is locked, then my PC won't see it, right? If my PC doesn't recognize the drive will atapwd work? Shouldn't Slayer's disk boot anyways in my modded xbox? There has to be a way around this....

Stone Cold

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users