#1 theHeat

theHeat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:42 AM

This is quoted from another forum I tried to get help on.

theHeat:
Can someone please help me out?  I've tried everything on this damn TV.  I have a Toshiba 24" flat screen TV with multiple hookups and I cannot figure out how to hook up these forbidden 5 cables for the life of me.  They are not properly color matched to my input and I really need some help please.  I can get sound and green and blue moving across the screen diagonally really fast, but not any steady, RGB video.

Here are some pictures of what I'm using.

TV:
[insert pic here]

Cables:
[insert pic here]

Any suggestions?  Please help me!  The damn Monster Cable diagram SUCKS hard. :gavel:

Thanks a lot in advance fellas.

Reply to my question:
All the cables are labeled correctly. Anything with yellow lettering on the round labeling deals with your video, and anything with white lettering deals with audio.

Seperate the colors first. Yellow coloring with yellow, and white coloring with white. Now, locate your component inputs on the TV. Next, take the cable with the green round labeling and a yellow y and insert it into the upper right hand connector, the green one (labeled Y on your TV). Now take the blue one with the yellow lettering and insert it into the middle blue connector (Pb on your TV). Now take the red one with the yellow lettering and insert it into the red one in the the bottom left (Pr on your TV). That takes care of the video.

Now take the blue and red ones with the white lettering and insert into the audio input, red to red and blue to white. Viola! It should definitely work now.

Let me know if you have any other trouble.

-Brad

theHeat:
Still no go. You think it could be a problem with my xbox?

I took out my mobo forever ago so I could install the X3 when it came out, but it still isn't out, so I decided to mod my case (white, red LEDs, controller dongle, 80mm fan upgrade) and I just put everything back together tonight. These are all plugged into the Video 2 port, as you guys can see, however, nothing happens on Video 2 except sound. On Color Stream, it shows up partially, but only blue lines streaking across the screen with barely disguishable green on the screen (the clock set menu).

I made a small video, but it probably won't matter. Something wrong with my motherboard or video chip for some reason?

Thanks a lot!

Sean

Do you guys have any idea what's going wrong? Did I fry my GPU or something? I'm so sad now sad.gif And it's my birthday too sad.gif sad.gif

Edited by theHeat, 08 June 2004 - 06:50 AM.

#2 bleugh

bleugh

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,175 posts
  • Interests:tinkering..........and flogging stuff on ebay<br>
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:50 AM

erm..........sounds like your monstor cable or TV have different inputs

there are 4 main types of video connection - in order of quality

Composite - yellow plug
SVHS - small plug, 4 pins
component - Luminance, chromiance and difference (YPrPB) - light blue, red and green
RGB - Ref, Green, Blue

HDTV sets sometimes use the component layout,

it may be that your monster cable set is HDTV and your LCD can only accept RGB!
in which case, i'd take the cables back

can you post a link to your LCD and the monster cables so someone can check it out for you, or at worst, take a digital pic of both (including closeups of the connectors on the cable and at the back of the tv)

#3 theHeat

theHeat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:43 PM

user posted image
user posted image

That's what I'm working with. I'm not using a flat panel TV, but a flatscreen TV, it's boxy and big, you know. It looks like it has all the right connections for it, but I don't know.

Edited by theHeat, 08 June 2004 - 02:50 PM.

#4 theHeat

theHeat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

Here's the link to the TV:And here's the link to the cables:They are component video cables. I think I've gotten my xbox to work on my TV in the past, but now it won't.

Edited by theHeat, 08 June 2004 - 02:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users