unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:15 AM

*Blue Screen on bootup -it's not a bug it was something I'm experimenting with. I'll remove this soon.

*Flickering at 480i -Set Filter level to 2 or 1 to remove it. Next version will have this set to 2, by default

*Flickering at 1080i -Sadly, can't do much about this. The hardware is already maxed out at 1080i and the framerate drops to about 30fps. The unified memory architecture of the xbox makes this worse actually as it completely drain the xbox. Using 16bit alleviates the problem but not totally eliminated.

*File manager's background is all messed up now. -I mentioned about this "problem" before and I could *fixed* it back, but you'll lose a good portion of the screen because of the "safe border" that was implemented in the releases prior to this. Either those skins needs to be updated, or I'll revert to the old borders.

*Video/Icon downloading doesn't work, gives error 404 -Fix your network settings first. No matter what you do, if your network isn't configured properly, you'll never get this to work

*Video/Icon downloading works for a while then craps out -Downloading is subject to rules and regulations of the site where it's retrieving the file from. In short, download limit. Do yourself a favor and visit their site, it's much nicer anyway that staring at the TV set waiting for it to get done.

*Downloaded skins/video doesn't work. -Probably that way it was zipped/rarred up. If the download was successful, you should be able to find the compressed file in it's own folder. Unzip if yourself and transfer it. The dash will try to expand it, but it can only do so much.

*Copy command is putting the files in the wrong destination. -I guess I forgot to *fix* the other portion, but try to put a trailing slash if you are copying a folder. In windows, if you select a folder, it will copy that whole folder in the destination, that is what I'm trying to do. Try this: Instead of Arg1="C:\CDrive", do this: Arg1="C:\CDrive\" and let me know if it works. Or should I return it how it was before?

*How do I bring up the Context menu? -Press Start while on the main menu, or where a setting screen supports it.

*Icons don't show up -What are the sizes of your icons? 640X480? Please try to limit it to 64X64, you can push it to 128x128. I'll see if I can limit the mem usage, but it usually is lacking in memory. Hit the "Y" button to see your available memory, if it's less than 12MB, there's a good chance that it won't show up.

*My PAL games launches in B/W -Turn off PAL60, your TV set doesn't support PAL60

*My games automaticaly switches to PAL/NTSC -err, it's a feature, it aint a bug. Turn it off, if you don't like it.

*FTP doesn't work -err, it's what I sed to transfer the build over to my xbox, how can it not work? Check your IP settings. Are you using the correct IP?

*Where does the video settings stored? -In the "Media" game saves. If you are going to copy it, forget about it. Not all TV's are the same, so they require different settings.

*Can I turn off "Recent List"? -No, the recent list has a dual purpose actually. It serves as a check point when setting the clock in case it becomes invalid, so you're not stuck to 10/15/2003 by default. You don't like it, don't use it. It's not like it's in the menu or something. It's hidden.

*Why does it starts at 4:3 and then switch to 16:9? 4:3 is safer to boot that 16:9. If I go directly to 16:9, you'll lose the ability to do "Safe Boot".

Lastly, try to go over the settings and understand what each does, usually, the answer is in there.

Uhm, that's it for now.

#2 PaCMaYNE

PaCMaYNE

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:25 AM

you pretty much covered all the complaints i think i have read so far,,

i gotta say it looks very nice,, the video still astonishes me,, it looks so much more clear to me for some reason,, on every skin i use,,
this coming from just a standard s video hookup

8-)

thanks again UX

#3 Intensecure

Intensecure

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:52 AM

It is just wonderful, all peoples caveats aside.
It'll do me for now - default dash, you bet wink.gif
Thank you for your efforts - appreciated, beers waiting in SE Asia whenever you're passing.... beerchug.gif

EDIT:
I didn't realise this was going to be pinned, so it wasn't intended as just a "great job" post!
Yes, the blue screen issue needs addressing. Especially long "blue periods" when using skins like Electric.
Yes, there are more bugs than expected - icons go missing etc and having to name your SYST as Avalaunch is *not cool* wink.gif Although to work seamlessly with QWIX, and I have tried it, is very cool.

Still love it tho', it has the framerate/temperature adjustments I needed, and with the default skin it is fast!
I have removed my 12v fan mod, in the sure knowledge that I can adjust as required in the dash - what a relief!! I can hear my DVDs again.
Overall - needs (and I am sure will get) a few refinements. But is still the best dash - bar none!
Top notch.

Edited by Intensecure, 09 June 2004 - 05:47 AM.

#4 BLazeD

BLazeD

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 485 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:57 AM

Nice list, will be very helpful smile.gif

Edited by BLazeD, 08 June 2004 - 08:59 AM.

#5 Dunny

Dunny

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 638 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:08 AM

unleash whats the correct way to zip a skin file? I've tried downloading skins with and without folder paths but Im always left with an archive inside a folder in the skin directory.

#6 killerbug

killerbug

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (Dunny @ Jun 8 2004, 07:08 AM)
unleash whats the correct way to zip a skin file? I've tried downloading skins with and without folder paths but Im always left with an archive inside a folder in the skin directory.

put all of the files directly into the zip without any folders or sub-folders...

#7 Sauron-Jin

Sauron-Jin

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jun 8 2004, 10:15 AM)

*My PAL games launches in B/W -Turn off PAL60, your TV set doesn't support PAL60

Umm, sorry to say, but this is totally wrong, when a TV shows only B/W colors it is because it can not recognize the color carrier frequency the console is sending to it.

When you try to output PAL60 to a TV which doesn't actually support this, the image is still showing all colors because the color carrier is still the same as "plain" PAL (50hz), but the image is cycling from the top of the screen to the bottom pretty fast preventing you to distinguish nothing on screen. (Note: This is not the case in PlayStation2 where some games call PAL60 to an actually NTSC signal stretched)

When someone says their PAL games are showing in B/W, probably it is because they are someway forcing them to output NTSC signal, or maybe SECAM blink.gif biggrin.gif where the color carrier frequency is different.

PD: Anybody can tell me a way to take a screenshot fom UnleashX?, is thera a hotkey or something or i must use Evox TSR?

Cheers

Edited by Sauron-Jin, 08 June 2004 - 01:26 PM.

#8 magemasher89

magemasher89

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Just interested in making friends &amp; having fun playing games<br />on my xbox 360.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:39 PM

same as in other version.
left trigger and small black button on right side of controller.
biggrin.gif

Right? beerchug.gif

#9 magemasher89

magemasher89

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Interests:Just interested in making friends &amp; having fun playing games<br />on my xbox 360.

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

oops! sorry left thumbstick press + small black button.

Sorry. tongue.gif

#10 magemasher89

magemasher89

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:21 AM

I just want to say a big thanks to hydraulix for all his help tonight in making my unleashx experience a night to remember. He assisted me in a matter that i could never get anyone else to figure out and that was ICS internet connect sharing w/ my dsl on my lan to xbox. And also help'd me w/ gettin the unleashx dash to really work after renaming what files needed to be renamed. And thats about it for now. So, if you need help goto the right places listed in all forum's.
beerchug.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif

#11 -FourDoor-

-FourDoor-

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (unleashx @ Jun 8 2004, 02:15 AM)
*Flickering at 1080i -Sadly, can't do much about this. The hardware is already maxed out at 1080i and the framerate drops to about 30fps. The unified memory architecture of the xbox makes this worse actually as it completely drain the xbox. Using 16bit alleviates the problem but not totally eliminated.

Thanks UX! beerchug.gif Hopefully when the XBMC team perfects 1080i as well they can share how they did it with you. Great first start though! biggrin.gif I'm still in love with the screen calibration! pop.gif

#12 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:01 AM

QUOTE (Dunny @ Jun 8 2004, 06:08 PM)

When you package your skin files, put all required files in a folder. It's okay if your skin has subfolder (i.e. media, video, images...etc) and it should also go in the same folder. Now, don't select the folder but you should go INSIDE this folder where skin.xml is. Then select all the files, including any sub folders, then zip it. You should use WinZip and turn off "Save Full path info" -that's a bad thing. I haven't tried Winrar's zip files yet, but I'll do that and see if its got a problem with WinRar produced zip file too.

When you open your archive with winzip, make sure that the "Path" column for skin.xml is empty. You may need to configure Winzip to display the path column

#13 unleashx

unleashx

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:11 AM

QUOTE (-FourDoor- @ Jun 9 2004, 11:17 AM)
Thanks UX! beerchug.gif Hopefully when the XBMC team perfects 1080i as well they can share how they did it with you. Great first start though! biggrin.gif I'm still in love with the screen calibration! pop.gif

I'm not sure if there's anything else to do with 1080i and horizontal lines. lotw sent me a suggestion and I'll test it out later whan I can. I don't have problems displaying textures/images at 1080i. Most games only uses textures that's why they still look good at 1080i. It's just those horizontal lines. Why, no 720p?

And I'm glad you liked that screen calibration. That took me countless hours to implement and probably had to overhaul 60-70% of the existing code.

#14 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:09 PM

unleashx, you rock! Thanks for all the work you've done.
If i could i'd buy you a beer.

but i can't so here's a virtual beer and i'm buying.

user posted image

Lots of love,

gasclown

#15 mike96sc2

mike96sc2

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

Not wanting to clutter this thread with issues that have already been discussed probably, but in the last version my icons for games automatically showed up, I'm assuming these were the ones embedded into the xbe files because I did nothing to put them there, do I need to modify or change something for it to show these icons again?

Also was soundtrack support removed from this version?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users