• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 dingwog

dingwog

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:19 PM

I installed an Xenium solderness adapter. Got the initial Bios to load and flashed it using EvoX M7. Now after M7 loads I get the MS Dashboard. Is this normal? Do I now only have to install EvolutionX with a bootdisk and I'll be done? Thanks in advanced

#2 Albino

Albino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:30 PM

This is normal because the bios looks for other dashboards on your hard drive, seing as you haven't got any on ther it boots the last dash in its boot sequence which is xboxdash.xbe loading your original dash, you can now install any dash you like using a boot disk either evox or unleash x. If the mod waqsn't working you'd get a frag of some sort.

#3 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:33 PM

yes, it should be set to C:\evoxdash.xbe
but you might need to open up the bios in xbtool and see
what the boot order is and the dash names are
but if you have a switch and want to XBLive
I would change it to F:\dash\dash.xbe
then you could change dash's very easy
and it leaves no footprint for XBL to see any files
stock M$ bios can't see F:\drive

#4 Albino

Albino

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 739 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:01 PM

Hey xman, seeing as you boot your dash from the F:\\ partition i've got a quick question for you; i'm using the X2 4981.06 bios booting tHc from F:\\ i have reset on eject enabled in the bios, i noticed that a friend with the exact same bios (i flashed it) and exact same dash (i installed that) except that it was on the C:\\ partition did not reset when i ejected the drive whereas mine does, i was wondering if this is because the bios thinks the dash is an app as it is running from F:\\ and that is why it resets, and if there is a way round this no real worries if there isn't but it just pisses me off a bit when i go to put in a disk and it has to completely reset again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users