#1 theHeat

theHeat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:44 PM

Okay, so recently I took out my power and eject buttons and painted them white, but now they won't function properly. The eject sometimes works, but it feels like it gets jammed down. Power doesn't work very much at all. Do you think that because I painted them, they got significantly thicker to the point that they rub? I think I'll have to sand down some of the plastic ring around the eject and sand the sides of the power I guess.

sad.gif

And they were so pretty too dry.gif

#2 Novation

Novation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:51 PM

laugh.gif This happened to me once. Basically you probably coated the buttons too much. It was so annoying for me because it was a case I had done for a friend and everything else came out perfect. I basically stripped the paint off the buttons and spray it only a single layer of paint. That worked for me in that situation, at least. Good luck. biggrin.gif

Edited by Novation, 08 June 2004 - 03:53 PM.

#3 methidz

methidz

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:52 PM

wow...how many coats did you do? Did you lay it real heavy? I painted mine and they work fine I put 3 very lite coats on. Any way try sanding the sides of the buttons. I would try this before I sanded the holes.

#4 theHeat

theHeat

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:52 PM

Thanks. I'll just sand the edges and see how that works.

#5 Novation

Novation

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

HAHAHHAHA I just realized that spray became gay in my text. Rotfl and in my friends im i called him spray instead of gay. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif I edited it sorry about that.

Edited by Novation, 08 June 2004 - 03:55 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users