7 replies to this topic

#1 KXmotox45

KXmotox45

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:46 PM

is there enough power to run one LED in the controller port, then one in the dongle (plug) and 4 or 5 in a controller? Would they all be really dim, or not work at all, and could this effect the operation of my controller? I would just plug it in and try it, but I can't until I get my new power/eject board.

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (KXmotox45 @ Jun 8 2004, 02:46 PM)
is there enough power to run one LED in the controller port, then one in the dongle (plug) and 4 or 5 in a controller? Would they all be really dim, or not work at all, and could this effect the operation of my controller? I would just plug it in and try it, but I can't until I get my new power/eject board.

I never had that problem... I had 2 in each port, 8 under the jewel, 1 in each dongle, and 3 in my controller and they all were bright as hell.

#3 bvic01

bvic01

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:51 PM

yeah, i have 2 in each port, 1 in each dongle, and some in my controllers, and they are all VERY bright!

#4 lava333

lava333

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 06:53 PM

I would guess that they would function just fine. And if done properly they would not affect the operation of your controller. The electrcity only passes through the LEDs it is not converted to another form of energy; the LEDs are basically bridges that electricity runs through. They createe minimum resistance.

Good luck
-Lava

Edited by lava333, 08 June 2004 - 06:54 PM.

#5 KXmotox45

KXmotox45

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:13 PM

thanks guys. Now how did you get 2 in each port? Although, I did use 5mm LED's (all I had), I still can't see how you fit two, even if they were 3mm. I used the tut where you remove the metal sheilding. Is there a better way, without drilling holes? Also, would it help to put some plasic bag in there to distribute the light more? Man I wish my box would turn on lol.

#6 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2004 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (KXmotox45 @ Jun 8 2004, 03:13 PM)
thanks guys. Now how did you get 2 in each port? Although, I did use 5mm LED's (all I had), I still can't see how you fit two, even if they were 3mm. I used the tut where you remove the metal sheilding. Is there a better way, without drilling holes? Also, would it help to put some plasic bag in there to distribute the light more? Man I wish my box would turn on lol.

There is enough spacing on each side of the port for a 3mm led. smile.gif

#7 Mars10

Mars10

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 242 posts
  • Interests:Xbox, PC, Friends, Games,
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:17 PM

I got a question, i tried to do the controller ports (drilled) and i stripped the shielding off the red wire attached the long leg and then i soldered the ground to the back of the port. Im using 3mm led's from LSdiodes and 100ohm resistors, but i cant get it to light, the controller port still works but the led wont light, but i can get it to light with a battery. I also tried it without a resistor and no go. Any ideas?

#8 KXmotox45

KXmotox45

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:55 PM

I just tested mine and two of them weren't lit. The + lead was hitting the inside of the shielding, so I just put a piece of electrical tape in there and it all is good now. Maybe thats your problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users