• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 zippeh

zippeh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 08:52 PM

Well, got my new chip in the mail today, so i tear down the Xbox and take out my old chip, a 29 wire enigmahx . then I installed pin connectors and the DO wire for the smart xx chip. reassambled and turned it on... started yay.. wait no.. it turned off... it goes on, off, on again, off again , then it turns on and stays on and the dvd drive starts reading and the on button just flashes red.

Tore down again and took the smart xx chip out, reassambled, same thing happend, on off on off on red

any ideas? does this sound like a bridged connection? I did kinda fly through the uninstallation of the smart xx chip.. maybe i sweeped some solder onto 2 connections?

or does this sound like something catastrophic involving a new xbox and me crying?

#2 cjc

cjc

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 147 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:19 PM

BTW. when ur xbox flashes green and red, that is called fragging (Flashing Red And Green)

Sounds like you may have damaged the motherboard somehow... sad.gif

I damaged one of my d0 points and my xbox frags without a chip, but it works fine with a chip on the other d0 point

Edited by cjc, 08 June 2004 - 10:20 PM.

#3 lan122

lan122

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 566 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:23 PM

It could be a damaged d0 or some solder somewhere. You just need to check it all very good. I shouldn't be anything that can't be repaired though.

#4 zippeh

zippeh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:33 PM

well, i checked all my leads, nothing seems cut or raised so im HOPING that the motherboard is ok. the smart xx requires I heavily modify the LPC port, and im not sure if I soldered it very well at all, so maybe i should remove those new Pins completely and see what hapends.

kinda going off what CJC posted , do you think if I can't figure out what's wrong , do you think I should reinstall the old chip and see if it works? Maybe the guy who put the chip in for me somehow messed something up and it'll only work with the old chip in it... I dunno, just throwing out ideas (Yes im a n00b, please no flames)

also, if solder just barely connects 2 leads, or is sorta suspect of touching them would that be enough to cause this problem?

#5 zippeh

zippeh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:36 PM

also, what is this brown "filmy" stuff that is around the old chips solder points.. it's only around some of them and can be scratched off... the heck is that stuff?

#6 zippeh

zippeh

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:43 PM

anyway to test the motherboard, maybe a volt meter to see if the leads are all working... blah.. so confused

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users