buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:27 PM

Okay im gonna build an xbox this summer, just to save money, cuz i have some parts already. And im gonna mod a dvd drive to use instaed of a stock xbox dvd drive. And i've heard of ppl modding a samsung 616t and using it. Well im hopefully gonna order a bunch of stuff from newegg soon, and i was wondering if any dvd drive can be modded to use with the xbox. Anyway im either gonna get this one or this one. These drives sound good, but will they work with the xbox? If they wont can someone plz point me to one that is $30 or less, sorry but im on a tight budget. Thanx guys

#2 ButtersB

ButtersB

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:45 PM

Pretty much any pc dvd will work, but ONLY the samsung 616t and 616f can be modded to play xbox originals. Any other drive will only play backups.

ButtersB

#3 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:53 PM

hmmm well, i guess i would need the Samsung 616t or f then cuz im gonna definatly need it to play originals. Hmm lemme see if newegg has them

#4 buttface96

buttface96

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:01 PM

Hmmm well i checked newegg and i think i might have found one of these samsung 616 drives. If you look here on this whole page, llok at samsungs dvd drives, and all look at their model #s. All of them start out like Model#: SD-616, and the next few are like 3 letters. Are these those 616's, and more importantly will any of these drives work for playing originals?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users