• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Safe

Safe

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 09:29 PM

I've got the HD AV cables, but I just got a new beautiful HD TV today and I must say that the video quality is horrible. I have a Hitachi 51S500, one of the nicest big screens out there, so its not a question of the TV being poor quality. I've tried to change video settings on the TV and I've enabled the 1080i and 540p on the Xbox, both supported by the TV.

But I'm playing need for speed underground and the edges look strange, its not sharp and smooth picture. Has anyone had problems like this or know possibly what i'm doing wrong?

Anything will help.

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (Safe @ Jun 8 2004, 10:29 PM)
I've got the HD AV cables, but I just got a new beautiful HD TV today and I must say that the video quality is horrible. I have a Hitachi 51S500, one of the nicest big screens out there, so its not a question of the TV being poor quality. I've tried to change video settings on the TV and I've enabled the 1080i and 540p on the Xbox, both supported by the TV.

But I'm playing need for speed underground and the edges look strange, its not sharp and smooth picture. Has anyone had problems like this or know possibly what i'm doing wrong?

Anything will help.

Nothing.

Regular TV's have a course "masking" effect due to their relatively low resolution.

This acts as a form of Anti-Alias which you got used to.

You are now seen the image as it's actually been all along.

The XBOX CAN natively anti-alias the image, but many software developers don't bother with this.

However try out Soul Calibur 2 in 720p mode if you really want to see something amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users