• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 norsepoet1

norsepoet1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 10:53 PM

I'm doing the full mod to linux desktop. I think I have successfully soldered the bridge, but no way to check. I didn't use a switch or light. Just but drops of solder on the front and back of the board like the tutorial says. I have the mechinstaller on the HDD. How do I upload raincoat and cromwell like the tutorial says. I've read muliple tutorials, but none make sense about doing this. The tutorial says for a V 1.0 or 1.1 I need a 1024kb version of the image... does this mean Cromwell or raincoat? I have the 1024kb version of cromwell... Do I have to put these uploads to CD then run them in the baby version of Linux from the mechinstaller...
I don't want to fry my xbox so I'm being extra thorough about this. Any help would be much appreciated....
I'm more of a hardware person than software and this is my dilema

#2 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:18 PM

You load the starter for raincoat on the Xbox by running the game... then you telnet into the Xbox and flash from the computer. Since your Xbox is a 1.0/1.1, you are correct with having a 1MB version of Cromwell.

#3 norsepoet1

norsepoet1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 08 June 2004 - 11:42 PM

How do I telnet it in there? I looked at the tutorial, but they seem to be using a created version of a bios using XBTool. I just want to use the regular cromwell linux bios. I have it sitting in a folder on my desktop...

#4 Blank

Blank

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,660 posts
  • Interests:Graphic Design, Gaming, HTML/Webpage Design, Programming, and Electronics
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2004 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (norsepoet1 @ Jun 8 2004, 07:42 PM)
How do I telnet it in there? I looked at the tutorial, but they seem to be using a created version of a bios using XBTool. I just want to use the regular cromwell linux bios. I have it sitting in a folder on my desktop...

Follow the tutorials the exact same way, but replace their bios with Cromwell. You need a raincoat gamesave.

#5 norsepoet1

norsepoet1

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 05:25 PM

Is the mechinstaller a raincoat gamesave? I have that on my Xbox already. Do I have to use telnet or can I just burn the cromwell to a CD and load it from the mechinstaller Linux?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users