• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Takeoutdaboss

Takeoutdaboss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 12:12 AM

I need to know a few things, that I have encountered on my system...

Xbox version 1.5

For some reason, when I start up the system, it flashes orange, as I said in a previous post before. When it gets turned on, I get no video or sound, just FRAG with Green....Orange.....

Now, the thing is....

I felt the NVIDIA chip (MCPX) inside while I turned it on, and it got heated VERY QUICK....How come???

Also....

The DVD Drive doesn't open with the IDE cable connected to it, but, if it isn't, then it opens fine. How can this be fixed???

Thanks In Advance.....

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:00 AM

For some reason, when I start up the system, it flashes orange, as I said in a previous post before. When it gets turned on, I get no video or sound, just FRAG with Green....Orange.....
Probably already know this but ogog LED sequence happens when the xbox can't detect any av-pack. Try a friends cable and hope thats the faulty component.
I felt the NVIDIA chip (MCPX) inside while I turned it on, and it got heated VERY QUICK....How come???
Maybe because its processing millions of instructions per second, or maybe because its covered in oil from your greasy fingers (Which were insulating it I might add). Don't touch the ICs on the motherboard. Fingerprints create hotspots on the chip. Heat should be distributed evenly, and oil insulates as well. I periodically clean my main components with rubbing alcohol, you might want to do the same. Just don't fry your board by running it wet.
The DVD Drive doesn't open with the IDE cable connected to it, but, if it isn't, then it opens fine. How can this be fixed???
Sorry dude, I'm stumped...

#3 Takeoutdaboss

Takeoutdaboss

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (triggernum5 @ Jun 9 2004, 04:00 AM)
Probably already know this but ogog LED sequence happens when the xbox can't detect any av-pack. Try a friends cable and hope thats the faulty component.

Maybe because its processing millions of instructions per second, or maybe because its covered in oil from your greasy fingers (Which were insulating it I might add). Don't touch the ICs on the motherboard. Fingerprints create hotspots on the chip. Heat should be distributed evenly, and oil insulates as well. I periodically clean my main components with rubbing alcohol, you might want to do the same. Just don't fry your board by running it wet.Sorry dude, I'm stumped...

Naaa..It isn't because of my fingers...my Nvidia chip blew out recently...I just wanted to know why it was getting heated quickly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users