• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jsohng

jsohng

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:13 AM

I'm a noob, and would like help on how to burn emulators. Is it as simple as copying the emulator files and ROMs on to a cdr using nero? Or is there a special way to burn these CD's in order to install them onto your xbox hdd?

#2 thehittmann

thehittmann

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:46 AM

If you want to install them onto your xbox hard drive then there is no need to burn them to a cd at all. You can set up some of the emulators to read the roms from your xbox dvd drive which might save you some space if you only have a stock drive. Just keep in mind that not all xbox dvd drives can actually read cdr media.

Yes you will need to create an xiso image using a program like craxtion or qwix if you want to burn them to a cd though. There a links to this software on xbox-scene.com

The easiest way to transfer the files to your xbox though is via FTP. You can access the xbox using the program flashfxp and the default password and name if have not been changed will both be xbox.

#3 Mr Ed

Mr Ed

Hacking Horse

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,588 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:47 PM

I don't run emulators from my hard drive, just CDs (it's your choice), so to answer your questions....

No, you don't need to "image" the disc with GDFImage or Craxtion, you can just burn in UDF. GDF format is only important for original XBOX games when loading performance is an issue.

CD-Rs don't work in my XBOX, but CD-RWs do. You may have to experiment with media before you find the stuff that works. You can also use DVD-Rs if you wish, but I don't have enough ROMs to fill a CD-R.

beerchug.gif

#4 Efompor

Efompor

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:03 PM

I only do that for big PSX games. I burnt Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for my friend and put it's image in the ROMS folder of PCSXbox and burnt PCSXBOX to a cd-rw. It now boots up whenever I put the cd in, just like a regular xbox game. I also did the same thing with the three final Fantasy VII discs and a blank DVD-R

#5 jsohng

jsohng

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 04:25 PM

Thanks guys! Can't wait to try this out when i get home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users