#1 tormod

tormod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 09 June 2004 - 02:40 PM

Hi!

Since a PS2 just dropped down in my mailbox (won in a competition..) I really need to find a way to connect my xbox controller to the PS2..

I know there is a lot that does it the other way, (like the “X joybox”) but I have always liked the xbox controller much more, so it would be much better for me to use the xbox controller on the PS2 instead of the PS2 controller on my xbox..

I can off curse use the right controller on each case, but that is for me not an optimal solution..

Hope ANY ONE can help me.. I have some solder/electronic friend that is more the happy to help me if there is a “how to guide” or something out there..

Tormod

#2 tormod

tormod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:02 AM

*bump*

sad.gif !!! sorry!!! sad.gif

just going crazy with with these ps controllers.. blink.gif

and yes i know, i dont have to play the ps2.. but you all understand how it is.. a new toy in the hous.. tongue.gif wink.gif

this is the first, and last bump on this post!! rolleyes.gif

#3 Arakon

Arakon

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,336 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:58 AM

you'd need to write a program to do it and program a microcontroller with it, then put together a circuit for that too.. it's just not worth the trouble.
besides, the xbox controller wouldn't work well at all on the ps2, cause the pads are way different in layout.

#4 tormod

tormod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:12 AM

thaks for the replay!

Then I have to decice if I should use the 2 different controls, or use the ps2 controlls on the xbox.. sad.gif

grr.gif grr.gif grr.gif

#5 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2004 - 09:17 AM

I don't see why it would be such a problem 2 use a XBOX controller on a PS2, since it works the other way around, just have 2 do allot of searching, yes the layout differs between the controllers, but memorizing the layout like a on the XBOX pad is X, X on XB Pad is Square an what not. but I really just suggest u try 2 stick it out with the PS2 pad, I've been gaming with the Dualshock Layout since Christmas 98' 6 years of gaming of only a DualShock layout, picked up a XB-S Pad an had no probs, some ppl it just comes 2 them an others not, to tell the truth I never ever played XBOX or even touched a S Style controller until I bought my System, just kinda took a risk but was VERY pleased that day(till I found out my Drive was broken). nm I'm getting off topic, I suggest renting a few PS2 games that will really put the controller 2 work for ya, Splinter Cell, SOCOM, pretty much most shooting games. and I definitly like the DualShock more for Racing,and the XB-S pads, I hate using the Trigger for Accel, makes me hold the controller weird an my right hand gets real sore during long races(reason why I may never buy XBOX racing games)

#6 tormod

tormod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Casper1786 @ Jun 10 2004, 11:17 AM)
I don't see why it would be such a problem 2 use a XBOX controller on a PS2, since it works the other way around, just have 2 do allot of searching, yes the layout differs between the controllers, but memorizing the layout like a on the XBOX pad is X, X on XB Pad is Square an what not. but I really just suggest u try 2 stick it out with the PS2 pad, I've been gaming with the Dualshock Layout since Christmas 98' 6 years of gaming of only a DualShock layout, picked up a XB-S Pad an had no probs, some ppl it just comes 2 them an others not, to tell the truth I never ever played XBOX or even touched a S Style controller until I bought my System, just kinda took a risk but was VERY pleased that day(till I found out my Drive was broken). nm I'm getting off topic, I suggest renting a few PS2 games that will really put the controller 2 work for ya, Splinter Cell, SOCOM, pretty much most shooting games. and I definitly like the DualShock more for Racing,and the XB-S pads, I hate using the Trigger for Accel, makes me hold the controller weird an my right hand gets real sore during long races(reason why I may never buy XBOX racing games)

Yeah I know.. I have played a lot of px/ps2 over the years..

When I bought the xbox I did buy one XB-S pad to, since everyone seams to complain about the “normal” XB pad. But once I had tried them both I never uses the S any more, the big one is perfect for my hands!! I just so sweat!! rolleyes.gif

The thing is that after this point I never felt the ps2 pads was good anymore.. unsure.gif

BTW, I never use pads for driving games, maybe that’s the reason I don have one on the XB.. Just can’t find a wheel that is as good as the Logitech wheels to the xb. mad.gif

This was really not that big a deal, the only racing game I play is the GT series, and this is on the PS2, but now games like the pgr on the xb makes me want a wheel on the xb too.. biggrin.gif
And when you see the screen shots for the forza motorsport (screen shots) know that xb fans will drive more and more on the xb beerchug.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users