10 replies to this topic

#1 Minus

Minus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 07:23 AM

Hi, Iv been trying to get divX videos working of a cd I burned. Iv looked quite a bit and read what i can find but I still haven't found an answer. to start, preparing the CD.

I got the divX file and packed it using Xiso to create a .iso file, I then used prassi primo DvD to burn the file using DOA closed with cd mode 1. I then palce it in the xbox and it seems to work, boxplorer recognizes it and I can see 650 mb used and the .avi file.

I then edited the config.xml to point at D:\ drive. When Xbmp2.1 boots Shared shows my files on the relax server but nothing in my cd drive, im not sure what im doing wrong, the media im using should be good so I must be missing something somewhere.

#2 kkattfish

kkattfish

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 06 January 2003 - 07:36 AM

you shouldn't have to edit your config.xml file just browse to the d drive once xbmp is started. also i use xbmp 6, i just use recordnow max and burn my divx movies as a data disk to dvd-r's i get about 6 divx movies on each dvd-r. beerchug.gif

#3 POTF

POTF

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 06:46 PM

XBMP 6? I thought 2.1 was the newest, or am I thinking of somethign else?

#4 Scan-C

Scan-C

X-S Hacker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 06 January 2003 - 06:49 PM

i think beta 6.but 2.1 is way better

#5 Minus

Minus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 10:18 PM

alright, I fixed the config file, I can now see and play the avi but its really choppy, maybe it just can't read the media well? If I pause it, it will play smooth for a second then go choppy and pausing? is there any fix to this

#6 TGD

TGD

X-S X-perience

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 January 2003 - 10:37 PM

Must be your media cause i play all my divx movies on cdrw's with XBMP 2.1 and all run silky smooth.

#7 Minus

Minus

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 January 2003 - 10:56 PM

turning off force framerate helped slightly but it still stutters and pauses for a second and then goes choppy. Iv ran the divX of my PC fine so im not sure what it is?

#8 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly

Posted 07 January 2003 - 07:42 PM

The problem is the media you are using. The Xbox was not designed to read CD-R, period. You are actually lucky to be able to read it at all. Try burning your divxs on CD-RW, or DVD-R. I burned all my Divxs to DVD-R (about 6 per disc) in ISO/UDF w/ Nero. Couldn't be happier.

#9 abhorrent

abhorrent

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 01:17 AM

Just a quick (and maybe stupid) question... my XBOX can read CD-RWs fine... I've yet to have it modded (waiting for my Xecutor chip to come in!), but will the XBOX recognize .AVI files burnt regularly through Nero 5.0? As a data disc (I suck bad with using the correct words).

#10 HiRoll3r

HiRoll3r

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Drugs mostly

Posted 08 January 2003 - 01:33 AM

They may work, but it's doubtful. On the newest version of Nero (not sure of the revision #), there is an option to burn a CD or DVD in UDF/ISO mode, with a checkbox to "Force DVD-Video compatibility mode [required by XBOX TM]). Everythign I've burned on DVD-R using those options has played fine, so I assume the same should be true for CD-RW.

#11 brankota

brankota

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 January 2003 - 05:50 AM

XBMP 2.1 has ISO9660 support (data CD standard), so you just have to make sure that the media you are using can be read by your xbox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users