New Motherboard And Hdd

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Crystalman62

Crystalman62

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Lightwave Lightwave lightwave.<br>It's all about Lightwave7.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

I recently bought a new v1.0/1.1 motherboard w/ matching hdd from an online store.(not ebay).
I just got it today and put it in my box, but when I hit the power, there's no video or sound, and it frags with the av cable in and flashes orange with it out. I put my x2.2l+ to see if it would boot an evox disk, because there's no dashboard on the hdd, but it still flashes orange and red/green. I don't know if it's my harddrive that needs to have the necessary files injected, or the motherboard is bad.
I think I have a pretty good understanding how these xboxwes work, but this one is just confusing to me. any suggestions?

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:16 PM

It has nothing to do with dash files. does the power stay on when you turn it on? Or does it reboot?Might be an MCPX issue or something, because a fragged eeprom flashes _r_r sequence.

#3 Crystalman62

Crystalman62

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 10:18 PM

well, it will reboot like three times. the third it stays on, but the power button flases those colors.

#4 Crystalman62

Crystalman62

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 June 2004 - 11:11 PM

So is this a fixable problem? Or should I try to get it returned back to the shop? I hate feeling like I just spen $80 for a piece of broken hardware. So willing to help would be greatly appreciated.

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:10 AM

Return it it has at least a screwed up encoder, failed flash, faulty eeprom code, etc.

It's not worth 80.00.

#6 Crystalman62

Crystalman62

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:53 PM

Yeah. I boxed it up ready to ship back to them. And I called them up about it, and he didn't believe me. He said this is hard to believe since they sell hundreds of them and I was the first to have this problem. I guess he'll see when he tests it himself. Thanks for the advice.

#7 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:50 PM

I picked up an old 1.0 motherboard to fix my old "freezing" Xbox which I've had with this problem for ages.

Once I got the board I cleaned it with a vacuum, checked it for modifications (someone had tried something like a "matrix" with it) then plugged it in.

Since I did not have a locked hard drive it came up with the animation and errored.

Perfect, fully functional.

Jumpered the two sets of pins (why do the tutorials say you need a wire from WR to WE when there is already a jumper pad?)

Temporarily screwed on a matrix chip (from which I removed the D0 pin purposely to make it easy to manually hit the D0 with a fine wire), locked a new hard drive to it & set it up with Slayers.

Pulled the mod chip did a tsop flash. done.

I'm a happy camper, this old Xbox was driving me nuts.

Bottom line, you can do something similiar about the drive, but the motherboard has to be fine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users