• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 nivek41

nivek41

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:49 AM

I am attempting to clone a 40 gig hard drive to a 160 gig hard drive. I tried using norton ghost however it did not work properly. What do I need to do to be able to clone the hard drive?

#2 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:53 AM

Ghost and other such programs can only work in RAW mode since they do not understand the Xbox partitions and layouts.

This means that you'll only get successful clones when copying to an IDENTICAL disk size.

When faced with a similiar need, I've resorted to placing the source on one Xbox and the target drive on another Xbox and then utilizing Avalaunch on both machines to copy the data from one to the other in "Boost" mode, which is very fast.

#3 nivek41

nivek41

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 12:59 AM

I do not have access to two systems so this will not work for me. Are there any programs that I can use to perform this? Can I clone one drive to another via FTP?

#4 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:16 AM

You'll have to copy the data DOWN to your PC first via FTP, swap drives, format the new drive in the Xbox, then FTP all the data back up to the Xbox.

#5 nivek41

nivek41

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:21 AM

What would be the problem copying all the files from the xbox to the new hard drive via FTP??? Is there a difference between doing that and copying the files to the pc first and sending them back to the xbox?

#6 nivek41

nivek41

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:22 AM

I'm sorry I forgot to add that the new hard drive would be stationed in my pc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users