12 replies to this topic

#1 Paulitix

Paulitix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:36 PM

Does anyone know of any other kinds of loop that will cause the xbox to keep restarting after the opening animation and splash logo? This problem is compunded by the fact that the video mode has been switched so i cant even see whats goin on (fortunately at this moment, there is absolutely nothing goin on)

The box is modded.

Edited by Paulitix, 10 June 2004 - 02:58 PM.

#2 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:07 PM

Does it restart forever or 3 times? Any led patterns? What chip is in it? What did you do last when it was working?

#3 xgeek

xgeek

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:42 PM

Bad dashboard files ...

#4 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:45 PM

Will it boot any media? Try a few Slayers discs and see if you can fix the pal/ntsc issue. A while back I had a similar problem and I could only get Slayers 2.0 to boot.

#5 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 03:58 PM

Yup, as he said, it should still boot Slayers just fine.

#6 Paulitix

Paulitix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:48 PM

Does it restart forever or 3 times? Any led patterns? What chip is in it? What did you do last when it was working?
- It restarts forever
- led flashes 3 times, then solid. it goes solid on the rebot and flashes when trying to access HD and DVD
- dunno what chip, not my box, but I'll take a look when i get home and see if I can identify it. Dunno why i havent before (*coughlazinesscough*).
- last time it was working, the owner was watching an mpg in XBMP and then he went screwing with the video settings. He said he thinks he tried to change resolution and then when xbox rebooted, black screen. I also asked him if the rebooting loop happened at first, and he doesnt think so but cant remember becuz it was over a month ago. His lack of cognizance is annoying the hell outta me cuz I'm sure he expects me to get it back in fully working order without any help from him.

Bad dashboard files ...
- I dunno. It used to work. He got it third-party modded, and then I installed the HD and dash and stuff. It was then when I saw the finished product that I had to get one. biggrin.gif Do these files go bad just like that?

Will it boot any media? Try a few Slayers discs and see if you can fix the pal/ntsc issue. A while back I had a similar problem and I could only get Slayers 2.0 to boot.
- I'm pretty sure that i have a 2.5 disk that i tried that wouldn't boot...but then again it may have just been my makeshift boot disk...I'll check again when i get home.

Edited by Paulitix, 10 June 2004 - 06:59 PM.

#7 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

My xbox did the same thing. I forget how it got switched to PAL but, like I said, I could only get 1 out of 5 boot disks to work. It even said it was in NTSC, but I changed it to PAL and back to NTSC and it booted just fine, no more problems.

#8 Paulitix

Paulitix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:14 PM

Tried Slayers, no luck...same behavior.

I took a look...its an Apple 2.0 chip.

#9 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 02:41 PM

If it's a burned copy of Slayers which worked before it should still work fine.

The main reason why it may not, would be that the DVD is no longer reading the disk or your newly created disk is not correctly burned.

#10 justtaint

justtaint

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 04:57 PM

QUOTE (opjose @ Jun 14 2004, 11:41 AM)

The main reason why it may not, would be that the DVD is no longer reading the disk or your newly created disk is not correctly burned.

As I stated before, only 1 of about 5 boot discs worked for me. If I remember, Slayers 2.1, 2.5, an EvoX disc and Firefuckers wouldn't work, I had to get out my Slayer's 2.0

I tried to boot each disc more than once. I cannot explain why only 1 disc worked. But I was able to get into the Video switcher and it fixed it. After that I could boot any bootdisc.

#11 triggernum5

triggernum5

X-S Messiah

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

- last time it was working, the owner was watching an mpg in XBMP and then he went screwing with the video settings. He said he thinks he tried to change resolution and then when xbox rebooted, black screen. I also asked him if the rebooting loop happened at first, and he doesnt think so but cant remember becuz it was over a month ago. His lack of cognizance is annoying the hell outta me cuz I'm sure he expects me to get it back in fully working order without any help from him.
So you probably have a compounded problem. If the region is wrong it will display a black screen with V-Sync out. Assuming you get the other problem fixed, you might need help being guided through XBMP or any othe capable software blindly to restore it. Or you could use a switch disk if you can get one to read. Are you still in the 'loop' anyways?
CD-Rs are light sensitive. How much so I don't know. I'm not trying to contradict OpJose, just wanted to mention it incase you've left them in uv light for huge amounts of time.

#12 Paulitix

Paulitix

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:32 PM

Thats the thing....right now I'm not even worried about the video switching problem, that can be fixed relatively easily. Its the boot problem thats annoying me.

#13 opjose

opjose

X-S Transcendental

• Members
  • 6,809 posts

Posted 14 June 2004 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (justtaint @ Jun 14 2004, 05:57 PM)
As I stated before, only 1 of about 5 boot discs worked for me. If I remember, Slayers 2.1, 2.5, an EvoX disc and Firefuckers wouldn't work, I had to get out my Slayer's 2.0

I tried to boot each disc more than once. I cannot explain why only 1 disc worked. But I was able to get into the Video switcher and it fixed it. After that I could boot any bootdisc.

Hmmm.

The video region should not affect the boot up sequence or the load of the default.xbe file.

At worst it would begin to load and crap out after searching for data from the HDD.

I don't understand why this would happen to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users