4 replies to this topic

#1 RichG

RichG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:10 PM

Hi all,

Bought an Xbox from Argos Newcastle today.

All seemed well until I got it home. The hole at the back where the serial number is displayed was ripped to the lid, as though someone had tried to pick the heavy xbox up by this hole and ripped a gap out of it.

This meant that the bottom lid was not sealed (but then im not sure if these should be sealed). A lid of a cystal xbox in Virgin didn't have its bottom lid sealed. The top lid of my xbox did have its lid sealed. So this doesn't worry me too much but is worth noting.

Everything inside the box was packaged in LOVELY PRISTINE condition. It look liked it had never been touched. A weird thing however was that the controller bag was see through blue where the rest were clear white (for the cables etc) not sure if that is normal.

After spending hard earned money on this I don't want a console that has been returned or is in anyway second hand...

My question is... does this console sound like...

A ) A console which might have been returned, used or had its joypad replaced (the blue rather than clear bag is different)

B ) A PERFECT PRISTINE console with simply a ripped box from where someone tried to pick it up by the serial number hole... ie im over reacting and being a little paranoid.

I don't mind keeping it with the ripped box but would rather not if there was a chance the console was second hand.

Cheers for the read,

Richard.

Edited by RichG, 10 June 2004 - 05:12 PM.

#2 lordvader129

lordvader129

He Who Posts Alot...

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,743 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:22 PM

probably just ripped by a careless stocker, nothign worry about, as long everythign works, no bggie anyway, right?

#3 RichG

RichG

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:22 PM

To add some more information.

A friend tells me his controller was wrapped in blue and its because controller is made in Europe and console in China.

The console itself had the clear selophane stuck to the top half of the console.

#4 DarkChylde

DarkChylde

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:43 PM

Yeah, I recently got an xbox this week too and the controller was also wrapped in blue plastic.

#5 Casper1786

Casper1786

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2004 - 06:54 PM

ya sounds just like how mine was packed, but take a game, put it in the console, and turn it off, then turn it back on with the power button(not open Tray), see if it takes a while for it 2 boot or if u get a Dirty Disc Error, my First XBOX gave me Dirty Disc Errors, it had a Phillips Drive, I now got a new 1 with a Samsung Drive

Edited by Casper1786, 10 June 2004 - 06:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users