#1 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:26 AM

i think my xbox drive is busted but i successfully flashed my x2 with bios but now i try to put my evox disk in the pc dvd-rom drive and i get an error from MS number 12 in the corner. i have created the evox disc correctly. how can i instal evox with a pc dvd-rom drive???? please help

#2 AlTheKiller

AlTheKiller

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,513 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:47 AM

im not sure it is possible. unless your pc dvd-rom is a modded sammy 616t. when you made your evox xbox iso, you essetially made an original (minus the signature an whatnot). since pc dvd-roms cant play originals, i doubt itll boot your evox cd.

your best bet is to try to get ahold of another xbox dvd drive to at least get evox installed. then you should be ok with your pc dvd-rom as long as you dont need to read an original.

#3 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2004 - 01:57 AM

im not sure it is possible. unless your pc dvd-rom is a modded sammy 616t. when you made your evox xbox iso, you essetially made an original (minus the signature an whatnot). since pc dvd-roms cant play originals, i doubt itll boot your evox cd.

wrong! actually, a pc-dvd drive is one of the best things you can use for flashing/installing.

a pc drive will read any media it could in the pc (probably all media). it will read cd-r/rw and dvd+-r/rw as well as burned xbox disks (yes, they will work...even game backups) however, the only thing they can't read is original xbox disks (unless you have a modded samsung 616t which will read original disks)

Edited by atomiX, 11 June 2004 - 02:13 AM.

#4 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:13 AM

ok so you can instal from pc dvd-rom can someone tell me what my problem is? i flashed and now when bank 1 is on it boots to MS but then it just goes to the error thing that i need to contact MS. what is wrong???? anyone?

#5 atomiX

atomiX

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,225 posts
  • Interests:Doesn't matter...
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 11 June 2004 - 02:23 AM

error 12 is a dvd prob...remember, the retail MS bios will give you an error if no (or incorrect) drive is found. this is because of the dvd check. this is eliminated in hacked bioses so either your chip is off, you didn't flash it correctly, you chip is not connected correctly of your bios is too old.

so basically, you will only be able to use a pc drive with your modchip on.

#6 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:01 AM

so is x2 4977 too old?

#7 Rylinkus

Rylinkus

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,606 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:14 AM

details?
What chip?
You sure it's flashed properly?
How do you know?
Howd you make the boot disc?
Can your browse it with your PC ?

and 4977 is not too old, though id still upgrade

#8 lfielder

lfielder

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 03:20 AM

x2.3 lite+
i created cd by first creating BIOS.BIN by using x2bm. then copied that too cd using nero and included a 100mb dummy file. i inserted it when promted by cromwell and cromwell did its thing and turned off. i booted up again and i get the error 12. could my bios be corrupt????

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users