#1 black_light

black_light

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,286 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3

Posted 06 January 2003 - 10:05 PM

ok, i my self am 14, thus not being eligable to be a card holder. my parents dont really like the whole idea of "ruining a 300 investment". so, if you are in the same predicament as i am there is an easy solution. ever see one of those credit cards that YOU put money on? its like the opposite of a credit card kinda. well, im not sure where to "buy" them but im sure a bank or post office might have them and you can be any age to use them(correct me if i am wrong). besides when your on-line they do not know if you are an adult or child, thus giving you a way to order on-line without you parents if they are bitchy or they refuse. ALL and i repeate ALL stores on-line accept these cards just as any other credit card(visa i think).

#2 EriCCire

EriCCire

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Interests:Wakeboarding

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:22 AM

where do you get the blank cards then and how do you put money on it?

#3 WyldWayne

WyldWayne

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:27 AM

lol....yeah being 14 and all you dont fully understand the rules...
You must be 18 to get any type of credit of bank acct.
The cards that you are talking about is basically a bank debit card.
And you must be at least 18.

#4 steinola

steinola

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:51 AM

Sorry... minors still wouldn't be able to buy these, AFAIK.

They're still a credit card, with a legally-binding contract and usage agreement... as such, an under-aged person can not apply for them. A parent or guardian would still need to apply for, and maintain the card. Then they put money into the "account", from which you would be able to draw from using the card. I'm not sure if, even after they got the card and gave it to you, if you would be able to add funds yourself. I'm pretty sure they would have to do it for you.

They're mainly for kids going away to college. So parents can easily provide money to their kids, without the risk of giving them a full-blown credit card (ie - one with a $20,000 credit limit which a college kids could blow through in a week).

#5 nonamer66

nonamer66

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,767 posts
  • Interests:MUSTANGS AND HOT GIRLS WITH BIG BOOBS!!!!
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:54 AM

WyldWayne, anyone can have a debit card, but they must have a parents signature if they are under the age of 18 or so I'm told. biggrin.gif

#6 stevenr2185

stevenr2185

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 12:59 AM

Not true about anyone can have one, a debit card at least. When I was 17 I got a bank account but I could only get a ATM card. Not the same as a Debit. So it was good only at ATM's and I couldn't use it online. But there are some banks that bend the rules and will give you one if you are 17.

#7 telo{+}

telo{+}

X-S Expert

• Last Chance
  • PipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:00 AM

kid,

just goto the post office/bank/super market/ and get a money order. Call the shop up, order and send payment... wait... wait.... wait for it.... ok, now that you have your mod install it without your parents ever being the wiser...

some people are scared to toy with expensive things... just remember they're just THINGS

#8 steinola

steinola

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (telo{+} @ Jan 6 2003, 05:00 PM)
some people are scared to toy with expensive things... just remember they're just THINGS

Oh so true.

But... on the flipside... if he installs the mod and something goes wrong and things get ruined... I'm pretty sure the parents would be unwilling to foot the bill for another "thing". So I guess it's more a matter of "does the thing entertain you enough to where you don't want to be without it".

#9 steinola

steinola

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (nonamer66 @ Jan 6 2003, 04:54 PM)
WyldWayne, anyone can have a debit card, but they must have a parents signature if they are under the age of 18 or so I'm told. biggrin.gif

If the parents sign for the card, the parents are the ones with the credit card, not you.
They get the bills, and they're the ones under financial contract to repay the debt.

#10 Nakor

Nakor

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 542 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 01:15 AM

In Oz you can get a credit card at 16, but it's linked to your parents and they have to sign the application stating they accept responsibility for your spending habits. Use it poorly and you ruin their credit rating as well as yours.

#11 nadnerb

nadnerb

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 502 posts
  • Interests:stuff
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:33 AM

you lot are all wrong, he is talking about a card that has nothing to do with any banks.
you buy a card and you buy credits for it, u can then go and spend them on the net.

i know u can get these in england from a post office, but they suck though, i think they only work with certain websites. maybe the ones u get in USA do work everywhere.

but hes not talking about a normal credit card/debit card from a bank

why its posted here, i dont know tongue.gif

#12 steinola

steinola

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (nadnerb @ Jan 6 2003, 06:33 PM)
you lot are all wrong, he is talking about a card that has nothing to do with any banks.
you buy a card and you buy credits for it, u can then go and spend them on the net.

i know u can get these in england from a post office, but they suck though, i think they only work with certain websites. maybe the ones u get in USA do work everywhere.

but hes not talking about a normal credit card/debit card from a bank

why its posted here, i dont know tongue.gif

Closest I've seen here in the US are pay-as-you-go phone cards wink.gif

The only way a card like that would work anywhere (at least in the US) would be if it had the Visa or M/C logo on it.... at which point it would be a credit card.

I suppose someplace like Fingerhut would have a card like that... but they're unlikely to have any electronic supplies... and even less likely to have any xbox mods wink.gif

#13 sxr71

sxr71

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 04:58 AM

Isn't there a way with Paypal to do something like this?

#14 Perplexer

Perplexer

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts
  • Interests:Fish with big teeth
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 07 January 2003 - 05:03 AM

Check out eCount or WebCertificate for information on prepaid MasterCard accounts that can be used in-store or online.

Yup yup, you're welcome.

#15 Keem

Keem

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 07 January 2003 - 06:05 AM

Visa buxx is what your talking about its pretty cool I think I'm getting one

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users